Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, my rugby club had an away game. The Club put a bus on so that we could go out on the beer in Morpeth in Northumberland, it picked us up and brought us back to the Rugby Club at 11.30pm.

Mrs Jonny147 Was waiting for me at the club in my car to take me home.

I got in the car, at which point one of the lads decided it was a good idea to roll over the bonnet of my car. Mrs J147 shouted get off, he did - we went home. Got up on Sunday dents and creases all over the bonnet.

Rang the guy up, told him what he had done, he sounded remorseful and said we would sort it out on Tuesday at training.

I looked into getting the bonnet fixed via my insurance, but they call it malicious damage, which means I need to get a crime number, I went to my local branch of Northumbria Police and they said that it would be classed as criminal damage, this would mean that the lad will have to be arrested and get a criminal record, he would then be made to pay for the repairs anyway, the officer suggested I have a word with the lad and get him to pay for the damage. (He said he would have a word if required)

This all seems a bit harsh, but at the end of the day it looks like this is going to have been an expensive night out for him.

Anyone had this happen? what was the cost?

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
A new bonnet is around £200 plus the painting and fitting costs.

Edit: hopefully you haven't got one of the Nouvola paint jobs...

(I know I've probably spelt Nouvola wrong!)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I've not had this happen, no, although I've done some bonnet rolling in my time.....ahem.

Have a word with the guy and tell him the situation, you should find he offers to cough up if he's a decent bloke. If not, he's been warned. It was a dumb thing to do to you, anyway.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Jonny147/ said:
This all seems a bit harsh, but at the end of the day it looks like this is going to have been an expensive night out for him.
Well that's tough **** for him isn't it !! He shouldn't have done it in the first place !!?? :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David C said:
A new bonnet is around £200 plus the painting and fitting costs.

Edit: hopefully you haven't got one of the Nouvola paint jobs...

(I know I've probably spelt Nouvola wrong!)
Its metallic blue (casual blue I think its called) I would have thought he would prefer to pay up rather than get his collar felt and then have to pay up anyway.

I don't want him getting in trouble, but then again I don't want a car with a bonnet like Jade Goodey's face either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts