Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

I am on the lookout for a 147 for my Sis and Bro in law, has to be the 5 door model but not too fussed as to 1.6 or 2.0 engine. Absolute key is that it has been well looked after with routine maintenance and usual issues addressed (if not then factor into price). Ideally would like the mileage to be as low as poss but again if it's been well maintained then shouldn't be a main concern. Budget is £3k tops but will consider anything from around £1800 upwards. I have been watching Autotrader and PH and also on here, but not much available at the moment.

From a technical / experience perspective do you notice much difference between the 1.6 and 2.0, in terms of performance, driveability and economy?

Cheers
Jules.

ps I am based in the East Midlands (Nottm), but am willing to travel if required.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Depends how you're going to drive it.

Personally I'd have a 2.0 over a 1.6 all day every day. And I've had both.
Performance is better, driveability is as well, and there's not that much difference in economy either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the input Geoff.

I'd spoken to my local Indie - Lewis at Alfa Technico and he said exactly the same. The only noticeable difference cost wise then will be insurance and that'll be prob no more than 25%.

Jules

·
Registered
833 Posts
Agree with Geoff go for the 2.0 over the 1.6, i quite liked my old selespeed version too.

Personally out of the 147 range i'd get a 1.9jtdm 16v if the budget can stretch.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I love my 147 2.0 which I got about 9 months ago, paid £3500 with 34000 on the clock.
Many recommend the jtd engines but I just can't bring myself to consider an Alfa that sounds like a taxi - just my personal preference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guys.

Agree that the diesel is the better economical option and will prob be better for m/way driving etc, but with the car being for my Brother In Law then he won't be covering a large amount of mileage, so I think a petrol will be fine. Plus it should ensure that a decent condition one can be found in the price range, of which for a diesel I'd be struggling.

Jules.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have my much loved and very well looked after and well maintained 147 1.9jtd for sale it's a 5 door in black with a stunning unmarked grey leather interior 2003 model on private plate which you can keep if you want at no extra cost....i'm looking at £3100 no offers.... pm me if you want some more details

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have my much loved and very well looked after and well maintained 147 1.9jtd for sale it's a 5 door in black with a stunning unmarked grey interior 2003 model on private plate which you can keep if you want at no extra cost....i'm looking at £3100 no offers.... pm me if you want some more details
Can't PM you as you need to empty your inbox.

If you could supply more details on your car then I would appreciate it. Mileage, owners, details of service history, condition, spec etc etc any pics would also be good. You can PM me back.

Kind regards
Jules.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts