Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the manual I read that almost all 147's have an alarm fitted from factory.

Looks like here in NL they don't. :(

Anybody knows more about this (perhaps a trick to activate the system because it maybe installed anyway :cool: )?

G

·
I would be absolutely amazed if any car today was sold without an Alarm!!! I certainly would not buy one! I am sure it must be a legal requirement to have an alarm fitted on all new cars sold?
:)

G

·
Hello,

VV1 type alarm(key coding) is fitted on all 147 but if you want more (VV2 alarm), either you must buy it as an option or, after delivery as an accessorie in the Linea accessori catalogue.
That's the situation in Belgium !

Johnny.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I know here in NL we have starnge laws on what's legal and what's not, so .... :)

But I know that insurance companies say the alarm must be certified with TNO/SCM (a Dutch company). So I guess the factory system isn't.

I have never tried it though, I read the system gives a sound when you put it on. Mine only blinks the turn lights. I have a blinking red light on the dash, but no alarm horn or whatever

?? anybody?

G

·
I would be absolutely amazed if any car today was sold without an Alarm!!! I certainly would not buy one! I am sure it must be a legal requirement to have an alarm fitted on all new cars sold?
:)

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny,

I think your situation in Belgium is the same a here. I now can remember having the volumetric alarm as an option.

Anyway, we have code keying. And it's a lease car .... but peace of mind would be better with a huge alarm with flashlights and sirens :)

G

·
In the Uk where car crime is staggeringly twice as high as almost any other country in Europe, cars cannot be sold without immobilisers only because the insurance companies will not touch them without. equal to Thatcham category 2)Full alarm systems (category 1) are preferred. One of the reasons the 147 lost its manual locking boot in the Uk was because the car couldnt allegedly get Cat 1 status with it - too easy to get in. It is not law to have either system. It will be law to have an immobiliser but volumetrics and voltage drop detectors are optional. Most manufacturers will fit as standard - though Honda and Mini dont on all their cars as far as I know and there are bound to be others.

Volumetrics are hardly ever fitted in France, Italy or Switzerland. Overall car crime is very low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts