Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Promised, below are three pictures of my 147... Any questions, please ask!

You can see that my car would benefit from 40 profile tyres, but that'll cost me a cool £400 odd, so I'll wear down my current tyres first!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looking good. I have Seperleggera's on my Punto JTD, they look excellent when clean..... which takes hours! :D

Why oh why didn't I buy wheels that were easy to clean. The alfa teledial wheels are fantastic for that.

I think that all wheels should come with an "ease of cleaning" rating :rant:

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
hey hey heyyyyyy :D
behold the best alloy wheel of all time :D

I love it! It does need some lowering though ;) and white indicators ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Look good (a bit far from what I personally like) but... now you need a new set of break disks ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Banflu said:
hey hey heyyyyyy :D
behold the best alloy wheel of all time :D

I love it! It does need some lowering though ;) and white indicators ;)
Strangely enough, it has been lowered by 35mm with Apex springs and Koni shocks, but it's the effect of the 35 profile alloys. I would think about getting it 'sorted', but things like moving house are now a bigger issue!

·
Registered
361 Posts
BarnabyB said:
As Promised, below are three pictures of my 147... Any questions, please ask!
Your car looks great BarnabyB !

And i have a ten point question for you. I've got some 8x18 OZ Antares with 225 tyres but i didn't put them on cause here are -10 C and a lot of snow. I will wait until spring but before that i need to know if you have fitted some spacers cause i don't think it will be enough space between the suspension and the 225 tyre.

All the best

P.S. My car is lowered too with 40mm

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aiculedtzu said:
Your car looks great BarnabyB !

And i have a ten point question for you. I've got some 8x18 OZ Antares with 225 tyres but i didn't put them on cause here are -10 C and a lot of snow. I will wait until spring but before that i need to know if you have fitted some spacers cause i don't think it will be enough space between the suspension and the 225 tyre.

All the best

P.S. My car is lowered too with 40mm
If the wheel spacing spec is the same on the Antares as it's with the Superleggeras, I wouldn't bother with spacers, there is loads of space, if you have 35 profile tyres. There should be just about enough space if you have 40 profile tyres.

Mind you, I have absolutely no idea what the roads are like in romania, and how often you'll hit pot-holes (resulting in a crunch). I have never hit a big pot-hole yet in my 147 - the last big pothole my family has been effected by was one on the Moscow ring-road with my uncles Alfasud, totally writing off the suspension and waiting weeks for parts to come through!

·
Registered
361 Posts
In Romania the roads aren't very good but i haven't hit any big pot-holes with my bella yet (and i hope i never will ... :) )

Thank you for your quick answer. It was very useful.

Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
It is a Remus rear silencer (future design) and a Remus racing tube. It makes a great sound (i just love it) and gives some extra power and torque.

·
Registered
400 Posts
AlfaNige said:
Why oh why didn't I buy wheels that were easy to clean. The alfa teledial wheels are fantastic for that.

I think that all wheels should come with an "ease of cleaning" rating :rant:
GTA teledials easy to clean???? :confused:

u must be kidding right?? :rolleyes:

the many corners on a single teledial are so bloody difficult to clean out... it really makes me :rant:

sigh... beauty always comes at a cost...

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
AlfaNige said:

I think that all wheels should come with an "ease of cleaning" rating

Tron said:
GTA teledials easy to clean???? :confused:

u must be kidding right?? :rolleyes:

the many corners on a single teledial are so bloody difficult to clean out... it really makes me :rant:

sigh... beauty always comes at a cost...
I think Nige is referring to these teledials, because they are really easy to clean:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks great! Seems that there is a huge difference compared to 17". I'm planning to upgrade my 17" Superleggeras to 18" for summer. Are yours 5*98 or 5*100 with special bolts as I was told that they are only available in 5*98? Another alternative would of course be Superleggera IIIs, but they are a bit pricey here in Finland...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sassicaia said:
Looks great! Seems that there is a huge difference compared to 17". I'm planning to upgrade my 17" Superleggeras to 18" for summer. Are yours 5*98 or 5*100 with special bolts as I was told that they are only available in 5*98? Another alternative would of course be Superleggera IIIs, but they are a bit pricey here in Finland...
They are the 5x100 fitment with the special bolts. The 5x98 fitment is especially hard to buy, because of the reported manufacturing problems with making the Superleggera alloy. One of the benefits of the 5x100 fitment is that almost any Golf mkIV alloy will fit on (correct me if I'm wrong please!!), so if you look on ebay, you can usally pick up Superleggera or SuperT's cheaply.

It might be worth looking to import your alloys from the UK - a good provider is someone like performancealloys.co.uk who do infact have a 'finland' link on their website. I got mine from there, although they didn't have them listed on the website.

·
Registered
45 Posts
BarnabyB said:
They are the 5x100 fitment with the special bolts. The 5x98 fitment is especially hard to buy, because of the reported manufacturing problems with making the Superleggera alloy. One of the benefits of the 5x100 fitment is that almost any Golf mkIV alloy will fit on (correct me if I'm wrong please!!), so if you look on ebay, you can usally pick up Superleggera or SuperT's cheaply.

It might be worth looking to import your alloys from the UK - a good provider is someone like performancealloys.co.uk who do infact have a 'finland' link on their website. I got mine from there, although they didn't have them listed on the website.
Thanks for the tips! I'm a bit suspicious about second hand ones so ebay is not an option. But the 5*100 fitment helps if want to sell my old 17" leggeras, they will fit also Audi A3s (not the latest model though). Performancealloys seems to have a really good selection. Strangely enough, standard Superleggeras seem to have exactly the same price as here in Finland but Superleggera IIIs are some 800 euros cheaper! So now I could (almost) get those with Pirelli P-Zeros at the cost of just the alloys... tempting... but is there any justification to put over 3700e to wheels & tyres... :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
pardon my ignorance, but whats "5x100 with special bolts"? whats the standard PCD for alfa 156? how do these special bolts work?

redd

·
Registered
30,369 Posts
Redd said:
whats the standard PCD for alfa 156?
All Alfas with 5 bolt wheels are 5x98mm PCD with the exception of the 166 which is 5x108mm PCD.

·
Registered
472 Posts
so how do u fit on 5x100 wheels on the alfa?

redd

1 - 20 of 28 Posts