Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unrelated problems, that is...

Aircon has stopped working (not sure it ever did, I bought the car at the end of the summer, and it's never been warm enough to properly test it)

Recharged it the other day, as it was well down on pressure and found out why, as what must have been a pinhole leak turned into a whoosh as the refridgerant found the easy way out where the low pressure hose had been rubbing on the fan cowling.

Question is, if I replace the hose, can I just recharge it, or does it need to be evacuated of air first?

Selespeed:

down-shift paddle has stopped working. I can tell by the lack of movement and "click" that it's the switch itself that has broken or stuck. No messages on the dash, and stick shifting and city-mode still work fine, as does the up-shift paddle.

If I was to get ahold of the downship paddle module (I believe it might include the stereo controls too) can I replace this myself, or does it need the system reprogramming to accept it?

TIA

a

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Check the aircon pipe that runs down between the exaust and radiator and make sure it's not rubing on the fan cowling, there is a problem that they are being cut through and so dump all the refridgerant.

Yes you can replace it, you can only buy the switches in pairs though, but I do know that Alfapat is after the + one if you do decide to buy them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the aircon pipe that runs down between the exaust and radiator and make sure it's not rubing on the fan cowling, there is a problem that they are being cut through and so dump all the refridgerant.
That's exactly the problem. Question is, tho, would a recharge be sufficient when a new hose is fitted, or does it need something more?

Yes you can replace it, you can only buy the switches in pairs though, but I do know that Alfapat is after the + one if you do decide to buy them.
I suspect I'll just buy the pair. If, at almost 90,000 miles, one has gone, it's likely the other could well go soon too. Any idea how much they are?
Any idea if the system needs reprogramming to accept them?

a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts