Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so for the past 7 years the red airbag light has occasionally flickered, but now it's a stable ON 100% of the time. Is it just a loose contact or must I visit my friendly Alfa dealer (body computer problem?)? Also, the passenger's airbag cover has come slightly loose but don't think this has anything to do with the red light.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
could be the sensor pad in the passenger seat (been there done that)
and in all cases you need a check with Examiner or Alfadiag and try to reset, if it gives the dreadfull intermittent error the crash sensor is dead, new one is about 200 euro.

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Most likely a loose connection under the front seats or it could be what is know as the "squib" which is behind the steering wheel and usually part of the steering column switch gear or the indicator cancellation unit. Try the seat connections but make sure the ignition has been off for 10-15 mins before you start playing with the airbag system.

... but you'll need to get the airbag light reset on a diagnostic system.

You should be able to get new clips for the passenger airbag panel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, got the problem fixed - it was the connection under the passenger's seat. Got my local alfa garage to replace the connector, fix the passenger's airbag cover clips, they reset the diagnosis light too. Also got a noisy door stop replaced, all up 120euros.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts