Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm having a little issue, I've got the airbag light on and I can't clear it I've attached a screenshot from my diagnostics so you can see exactly what it says and was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to the fault her, and is it likely to be something big/expensive to get sorted? Thanks.

Oh it's a 2005 147 JTD 8v.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm having a little issue, I've got the airbag light on and I can't clear it I've attached a screenshot from my diagnostics so you can see exactly what it says and was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to the fault her, and is it likely to be something big/expensive to get sorted? Thanks.

Oh it's a 2005 147 JTD 8v.

Mornin' Choco mate. It's usually the connector under the passenger seat. Disconnect it, clean it with Servisol Super 10 (or similar contact cleaner), re-connect it and secure it with a cable tie. Good idea to disconnect the battery before doing this too, so make sure you have your radio code. Given that yours is a 2005 the light 'should' go out by itself without needing MES.
Here's a thread I made about it (based on my 2005 156 JTS)...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/377491-how-to-fix-your-airbag-light.html#post5311352

Lemme know if you have any problems and I'll try to help.

Tom

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers matey, had a quick word with Lewis at alfatecnio this morning who advised me the exact same thing sorry only just saw your post, but yeah a quick fiddle and clean up of the connectors and hey presto the light disappeared, so all good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts