Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've got a 2001 147 with aircon (not dual climate). The air con dosen't seem to be working ie not blowing cold air, when i switch the aircon on there seems to be no extra load being placed on the engine revs stay the same etc and i can't really here the compressor kicking in, having not had one of these cars with working a/c i don't know whether this is normal or not. Can anyone give me a bit of advice as to what may be the problem hopefully it'll just need a regas and service but you never now with this type of car!

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
The revs shouldn't vary when the compressor kicks in as the ECU maintains a constant idle speed irrespective of load. You should, however, hear a click as the compressor clutch engages.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
you should hear click from compressor ..... could be needs regassing or pressure switch is faulty or over gassed or electrical problem ,but do use a professional not kwik fit or likes as these guys,dont know how to fix if ya got problem

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try getting somone else to switch it on/off see if i can hear the click. I generally avoid Kwik-fit at all costs anyway due to issues in the past when i used to run a lease car and had no choice but to go there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts