Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have just bought an 07 147 and I am very happy with the car....except...I cannot get MW or LW on the radio. FM reception seems ok but is not wonderful.
I have taken the radio and swapped with another one from a different alfa and my radio worked fine in the other car, but the other one had the same problem in mine, leading me to think it was the aerial or the aerial cable. I tried a different aerial and the problem was unchanged. I have heard there is a couple of connectors on the aerial cable...can anyone tell me where they are so I can check they are solid. Also I have read here about a signal booster...either existing or aftermarket can anyone advise about this..?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Sounds like you've got a break in the wiring somewhere - I had similar symptoms on my 145 when the wire at the base of the aerial was broken.

I stand to be corrected on this but I think the 147 has a signal booster built into the aerial unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the connection at the head unit and the aerial base...both seemed ok. I haven't been able to trace the cable to see if there are other connectors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts