Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the world of alfas so would appreciate a bit of advice

i want a 147 diesel 3 door i see a ti model on autolusso but i cannot find the model on alfa uk website what is the equivelent spec?
also do you get all the dealer benefits if i use this company or similar?
finally i have heard a few horror stories about alfa romeo over the years are these a thing of the past or should i be weary?

thanks in advance for any help

p.s thanks for the warm welcome to the forum:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm no expert having only looked at a few but it looks like the TI is a limited edition with a subtle spoiler, leather and its own alloy wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys are any reccomendations on where to buy?
have read that big savings can be had on main dealer prices is that correct?

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Ti was as pointed out a special edition from a year or two ago. Nice car. Don't be put off by the horror stories, just keep the car well maintained and you will be fine.

Happy shopping :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
That's a tough one. I'd say a dealer should give you a good discount anyways.
AR aren't allowing discounts on showroom pricing because they reckon it devalues the car and this can be seen in residuals, I don't think the Brera's, 159's or Spiders will have any discount available.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
pre facelift 2005, you could order a TI pack, on a 1.6TS or 8v JTD, 3 door lusso only, pack consisted of leather sports seat, TI 17" alloys, TI badging, TI kick plates, & Rear spoiler, I really wanted one (they had an Inca Blue one in the showroom), but really really wanted 140bhp, so got a red 16v JTD with standard leather, 17" supersports & dealer fitted the spoiler for me.

the facelifted 147 had a limited edition TI model, same sort of idea, based on lusso, but with similar extras as before plus parking sensors, this one was available with the 16V JTD (now 150bhp) can't remember which petrol engine(s) were available.

Hope this helps - I think it's right

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are right about the NO discounts as was explained to me when I ordered mine. The only way to get a good deal is to trade in and they will mark up your old motor above book price and get as many extras thrown in for free - negociate hard and you can save a lump. I got 18" wheels, B&Me, Electric pack, Heated seats, etc. so about £1500+ and a great deal on the SAAB trade in.

·
Administrator
87,590 Posts
The TI option is now longer available (here in Ireland anyway) :(
The Collezione is the special edition at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want a diesel probably 16v jtd lusso are the bose speakers worth it? whats the standard stereo like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts