Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im fairly sure the front speakers are 16.5cm but just wondered what size are the rear speakers? are they the same? if so will a new set of components fit or will it need spacers? Thanks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
think there the same mate. why do you want to change them? your profile says u drive a mr2, suggesting your looking for a 147... buy one with the bose system. easier than upgrading, and its a decent system

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yea that needs changing, i bought the 147 last weekend lol so in the process of doing a few upgrades :)

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
im fairly sure the front speakers are 16.5cm but just wondered what size are the rear speakers? are they the same? if so will a new set of components fit or will it need spacers? Thanks
Rear are the same 16,5cm as the front ones (well they are not exactly the same, but their size is). You need 4cm spacers to change them. Speakers are mounted on some ridiculous metal holders prone to vibrations if you install more powerfull speakers. You need to stiffen them as well. Here are some pictures of my setup (starting with picture 13):

http://kgb.alfaromeo-bg.com/gotcha/Audio/Mac Audio DVD 2.16/

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Wow Gotcha, looks like you've done a lot of work to your audio. Worth it in the end I'll bet.
Yes, it was worth :) At low volumes it sounds more or less the same as OEM, but turn the volume up a few and it sounds amazing :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts