Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking around for the best place to buy a Cambelt kit for my 147.

I have found several on Ebay. "Genuine Parts!"
Timing CAM Belt KIT Alfa Romeo 145 146 147 156 Genuine | eBay

Kits:
alfa 147 cambelt kit | eBay

I have had several Alfas, even Lancias going way back lol. I am ok on routine maintenance but am TBH ****e at mechanics. Can do anything with computers etc lol, but mechanics leave me baffled!

Are there any mechanics or people on the forum who anyone knows, that are willing to fit a Cambelt. I am poor, so funds are an issue sadly. Any recommendations or help would be much appreciated. Also would a kit from Ebay be ok? I have bought quite a few parts for previous Alfas on Ebay an they have all been v good. But never a Cam Kit.

Cheers - Jude

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts
Don Baker in Meath gets regularly recommended by people in the area & further afield, I've no idea of his rates by it might be worth giving him a call for a quotation both for just fitting & supplying the parts (the benefit of that is you are covered for parts & labour if there are any issues)
His details are here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/360147-alfa-dealer-and-independent-recommendations-in-republic-ireland-online-suppliers.html#post5079546

Also there's a list of recommended online parts suppliers here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/360147-alfa-dealer-and-independent-recommendations-in-republic-ireland-online-suppliers.html#post5079640 It's also worth giving a few of the AR Dealers a call as they can sometimes be cheaper than online :thumbs:

Do you know when the waterpump was last changed, it might be an idea to do that also as if it needs doing later the belt will need to be done again. The same applies to the variator. I appreciate you are on a budget but it might be cheaper in the long run to do the extra work now, especially the waterpump.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers ....

Thanks so much!

I ha already thought of getting WaterPump done as well. It makes much sense!

I am in Westmeath, so he is pretty close to me. I will give him a buzz.

That's such a help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts