Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few "questions"

1) What is the battery model on a 2001 car - I need to price up a replacement.

2) Is there a fuse for the side mirror movement? Is it the same on as the heaters on the mirrors?

3) On hard acceleration there seems to be smoke from the exhaust - any ideas for a cause & typical repair costs? Could it be "thin" oil?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3) On hard acceleration there seems to be smoke from the exhaust - any ideas for a cause & typical repair costs? Could it be "thin" oil?

Thanks

David
Update :mad: :mad: :mad:

My local garage suggested this smoke might be from "laquered" cylinders. They performed an oil and filter change last week.
2 days ago my wife was driving the car and heard tapping, which disappeared and then returned. After another 15 seconds or so the low oil pressure lamp came on. :eek:

It's now back at the garage and they are saying it could be a piston failure, but I'm not sure.
It did not loose any power, my thought is more likely the oil change has dislogged something that is blocking the oil pickup.

Anyone got any ideas????? They've not had the head off yet to inspect, so if anyone can suggest what to look at - i'll let them know. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Oh dear oil presure warning light is bad news.
The damage is usually already done by the time that comes on.
I hope you havent got major issues.
sounds like potential bottom end failure to me.
Oh and its pretty hard to get an oil change wrong.
Was it low on oil before the change.?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh dear oil presure warning light is bad news.
The damage is usually already done by the time that comes on.
I hope you havent got major issues.
sounds like potential bottom end failure to me.
Oh and its pretty hard to get an oil change wrong.
Was it low on oil before the change.?
Oil level was ok before the change and was checked daily after (with no problems).

Sounds like I'm in for an expensive week or two :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts