Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That time has come where i have to replace my first set of tyres on my 147 but which ones to go for?:confused:?:confused:?

I used to put pirelli's on my old GTV, but they didnt wear that well, so could anyone point me in the direction of a nice looking tyre that performs well in both wet and dry conditions and (i might be pushing my luck here) will last for a good while!

I still have the original alloys running Firestone 205/55/R16's

Any suggestions??

What is working well for you??? :thumbs:

Also is there anything i should avoid?? :tut:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have just had a scout around and they stock them about 20 mins away. Not a bad price either!

N

·
0 Posts
Check out Hankook V12's. I had Falken 452s then 912s and I'm preferring the Hankooks so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have sourced these nearby but seem a little more pricey (about £15 per tyre) are they really worth the extra cost? A lot of people seem to think the Falkens are the way to go.
What more do you get with the Hankook's?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
falken fk452's all the way:D:thumbs:

·
Registered
181 Posts
+1 for the Falkens!

Just got a pair for the front and I'm very pleased.

Iain

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got the falkens on, preferred the goodyear NCT that the car came with, but falkens are ok considering the price

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
+1 for the Falkens!

Just got a pair for the front and I'm very pleased.

Iain

Hope the newest tyres are on the rear then ... that's the proper way to fit them. The new tyres ALWAYS go on the rear regardless of FWD or RWD and the older part worns to the front.

Tyres are always a matter of personal choice and budget. For me, they have to be a good brand, eg Dunlop, and I prefer the softer compound for best grip. Cheaper tyres are often harder to last longer but don't offer the same road-holding. Apart from Michelin's which really hard which ever ones you pick ..

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
get mine from my local garage;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think i am starting to sway more towards the value for money the falkens offer, seem to be hearing about the 452's from a lot of people and all good things!

N

·
0 Posts
The 452 is a good tyre don't get me wrong, I just think the Hankooks seem to be a little better in the wet and alot quieter, thought if your getting the Falkens £15 cheaper per tyre then it really is a marginal choice. I got my Hankooks at camskill for about £50 each which was an excellent price.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
theres many tyres better in the wet, thats not what the 452 is for. for the price there are not many better in the dry. equally comperable to the conti sport contact 2's i had. and at half the price of the contis......the rest as they say is history. there ze912's are better in the wet;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts