Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
147 2.0 selespeed,engage stays 'N',calibration ends "cannot engage 1st to 2nd gear"

Hello, my mechanic did a sealing job over entire engine on my 230tkm 147 2.0 TS selespeed.

1. Apart from belt pulleys he also sealed gearbox (actuator and gearbox were out of the car).
2. He mentioned that the nut on right gearbox rod was loose at about 1/8 of turn. He tightened it
3. After reassembly, the car cannot engage any gear and stays on 'N' (however the actuator is clicking)
4. After connecting to MES, we did clutch bleed 2x and Final calibration.
5. Final calibration is ending with "cannot engage 1st/2nd gear"
6. We took the actuator off again, opened it in rear and checked if the actuator and sensor are in place.
7. We tried to engage gear manualy with screwdriver in the gearbox selector and all gears could be engaged - not very lightly, mechanic said, but they could
8. After reassembly (this time with a tool inserted from above of the actuator) the results are the same
9. All Actuator tests in MES passed okay (with audible result)
10. MES calibration is still saying "cannot engage 1st/2nd gear" (almost at beginning, after a sequence which sounds like clutch bleed) and car is staying on 'N' (not even flashing, just staying)

Please could you someone help ?

Prdie

·
Registered
593 Posts
"2. He mentioned that the nut on right gearbox rod was loose at about 1/8 of turn. He tightened it"

Not sure what nut and rod you are referring to here, could you give a bit more detail?

Baz

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"2. He mentioned that the nut on right gearbox rod was loose at about 1/8 of turn. He tightened it"

Not sure what nut and rod you are referring to here, could you give a bit more detail?

Baz
I've meant the drive shaft on the right side on which the fifth gear is fixed (I've called it wrong). The large nut was loose a bit (so probably the fifth gear wheel was wobbly in operation) see it on the linked picture.

http://www.poweritalia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/20120327-180959.jpg

Clutch rod is OK 28mm, all MES tests passed, only final calibration not.

I have not found any references or occurences of the error "cannot engage 1st/2nd gear" on the net. I'm not sure if it's more likely to be gearbox problem or hydraulic actuator's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So finally the problem was solved by new(used) gearbox. One of the bearings in the old one was cracked - possibly caused by the shaft tightening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts