Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just removed this one from my GT.

Well known bit of kit in these parts, allows connection of aux devices to the stock head-unit. Also you can load up a USB stick / SD card and plug that in and select tracks through your head-unit (I never bothered with this).

Comes with all original accessories - male-female USB extender, short length of 3.5mm stereo jacked cable plug and play mini ISO loom.

Has been working flawlessly in my GT for the past 18 months, up for sale now as I've upgraded to a Bluetooth module. If you want, I'll even throw in the USB powered Bluetooth to 3.5mm dongle adapter that I've been using..

Currently retailing in the £40-50 range, obviously happy to sell for a chunk less than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Monday Bump!

Will be listing on eBay shortly - would prefer private sale though, so feel free to jump in with an offer if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I still have it!

They're £40-50 new, seen them go £25-30 second hand.

Happy to sell for £25 including postage to mainland UK.

You'll even receive the Bluetooth A2DP receiver that I used with it as a free gift ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...Home-AMP-PC-/221468117254?hash=item3390874906

It worked well enough, but the cigarette lighter voltage converter I used to step down battery voltage to the 5v supply the USB stick needed ended up giving me a load of alternator noise at high revs. The Connects2 box worked flawlessly, but I just never bothered to find a clean 12V supply for the Bluetooth widget... There's probably a nice clean filtered supply on the Connects2 loom out of the Blaupunkt head unit now that I think about it!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yep I still have it!

They're £40-50 new, seen them go £25-30 second hand.

Happy to sell for £25 including postage to mainland UK.

You'll even receive the Bluetooth A2DP receiver that I used with it as a free gift ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...Home-AMP-PC-/221468117254?hash=item3390874906

It worked well enough, but the cigarette lighter voltage converter I used to step down battery voltage to the 5v supply the USB stick needed ended up giving me a load of alternator noise at high revs. The Connects2 box worked flawlessly, but I just never bothered to find a clean 12V supply for the Bluetooth widget... There's probably a nice clean filtered supply on the Connects2 loom out of the Blaupunkt head unit now that I think about it!
Hi Editor, are you saying that the alternator noise was down to the bluetooth module power supply and that the connects2 worked ok?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Editor, are you saying that the alternator noise was down to the bluetooth module power supply and that the connects2 worked ok?
Exactly that.

When my phone was connected directly to the Connects2 box with a 3.5mm headphone jack it worked perfectly with no noise.

When the Bluetooth supply was plugged in and using the cigarette lighter 12V as a power supply (through a 12v to 5v linear regulator) there was alternator noise. When I tried the bluetooth module powered off of my Anker USB battery it was a nice quiet line.. I'm sure if you could find a cleaner power source, or a way of filtering the power before the bluetooth kit then it'd work OK..

But yea the Connects2 kit worked just fine.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will you be able to post to SA? I know it might be expensive to post but it is not obtainable here.
I'll package it up tonight and weigh it so you can get an accurate idea of postage costs - I've got no trouble posting it wherever you like!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,

Yes it's now been sold through eBay.

To be completely honest I'd forgot that I listed it, and only remembered when I got the email notification of payment on my drive to work this morning!

Sorry to disappoint all!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

Yes it's now been sold through eBay.

To be completely honest I'd forgot that I listed it, and only remembered when I got the email notification of payment on my drive to work this morning!

Sorry to disappoint all!
No prob. I was following it but should have placed a bid. Will start looking for blue tooth now.
Cheers!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts