Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody.

First sorry my English. My name is Istvan, and i from Hungary (Budapest). Few month ago i started built my alfa romeo. This car 1.9JTD, 8v, 116ps.
Major modification:
-2260vzk @2bar (from porsche panamera diesel)
-60mm full open exhaust
-Front ic 550x180x65
-60mm ic pipes
-honda s2000 air filter
-map senzor from Mjet 3bar-1bar=2bar (I will exchange it 1.9jtd twinturbo map 4bar-1bar=3bar map)
-Air mass senzor off
-EGR off
-Manky Remap

This car is:
150.2kw @ 4665rpm (204ps)
370nm @ 3360rpm

We have misgivings about it, that the nozzle is rather big, but the CR pump is not. So i think, i will buy an R65 or R70, and we make the Water-methanol injection. What do you think? It's oke, or i think wrong? And r65 and r70 exactly which one, and on what kind of cars was?
Thanks any answers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
It is a big turbo, but still it should be able to spool up around 2000rpm quite good.
Judging form the dyno printout it seems that your current ECU map, or some VNT settings are holding you back a lot.
It looks very laggy, you should be able to improve that a lot with proper settings.

I think the decision to remove MAF sensor is wrong. It is very hard to control turbo spool and injection in low revs without MAF.
So you either have very bad spool or a lot of smoke. Not ideal situation.
I would suggest you to install MAF sensor from 2.4 JTD 20V 175HP engine. And the fuel pump from this engine is also a good choice for your needs.

3.5bar or 4bar MAP sensor is definitely a must have upgrade in your case. How much boost are you running at the moment?

Water methanol injection is good choice, it will help you to achieve more top end power, when injectors are maxed out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Result is not outstanding, I think you are using the wrong turbo. The lower band is a no-go, bet it's smokey and the power kick will not be good for your transmission or for the wheel grip.
You can squeeze much better 230HP with a 1756. 1856 or a 2056. Look at whatever JS JTD is doing, it is a way much better option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So....

About 5-6 weeks ago, my gearbox is death. The 3. gear dissapear. I buy the used 5 gear gearbox.
I go the Stefan Zorst Racing, and buy a new motorsport sinter clutch.
I change the VNT controll the pressure ball / boost ball (i dont know what this name is in english) So the pressure control the turbo geometric. The ball made by Balatoni Péter, and settings by Orosz Árpád. (2.4bar boost)
After these "Manky" (ifj. Lengyel Ákos) write the new ecu map. The new setting 230hp/400nm, and 2-3-4-5gear no smoke.
My new tires "Westlake sport rs" 205/45/r16, and stock speedline wheels.

DRAG VIDEO (10celsius, 14.8sec in 1/4mile)

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Are you using an aftermarket ECU or the stock ECU?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wouldn't an aftermarket ECU (or piggyback ECU) using the manifold pressure, intake temp and engine RPM to determine the AFR give you much better results? Especially since you're not running a MAF or MAP sensor?

You would also get better results if you were using a wideband O2 sensor to get more accurate AFR info for the engine tune wouldn't you?

Aftermarket ECUs are a bit expensive but the benefit of having an ECU that can be tuned efficiently and effectively unlike the stock ECU would be worth the money in my opinion.

Please note that I am not a turbo expert by any stretch so I could be wrong. But I do think using an aftermarket ECU and wideband O2 sensor would give you much better results than the tune you currently have.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where is the probe installed? Which diameter has the probe?

How high is the egt in 4th and 5th gear @4000 and @4500rpm?

·
Registered
48 Posts
In this setup it must support around 240 hp btw.

I have similar but different turbo and stock ic + kn closed in box air filter with 60 mm dp and exhaust. My turbo is 2052v ( tdi 2.7). At 1.5 bar it comes around 206 hp. You should get a better tuner i guess.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts