Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im have some trouble with my 147 hopefuly sombody may be able to help......... I bought my alfa about 7 months ago everything has been spot on untill last week when i was driving down the road i'd only been driving for about 5 minutes when it started juddering like it was missfireing i was in 3rd gear so dropped it down to 2nd thinking it was a little cold and struggling a little as i was going up a hill but this made it worse so i pulled over straight away put it into neutrel and it just cut out :thumbs:. I called the garage up and they came to pick it up and have had it for the past week. There is plenty of deisel getting through the crank senser has been changed and now making sure all the timming is set up propperly all to no avail i've totaly ran out of ideas hopfully someone out there can help please............ craig

M

·
0 Posts
Is the engine management light on ?

Have you tried cleaning the EGR, MAP and MAF sensors ?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i was with you till i read it cut out n wont start....sounded like a problem i had with a injector conector.........mine juddered like that but it ran......cant think wot ur prob is especialy as your getting fuel through......and have changed the crank sensor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, the engine managment control light is always on till it is ticking over and then goes straight out but its unable to start at the moment. ill ring the garage and ask about the rest of the sensors. Touch wood it might be them but i can see the pound signs rolling round hes had it for a week. Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi im have some trouble with my 147 hopefuly sombody may be able to help......... I bought my alfa about 7 months ago everything has been spot on untill last week when i was driving down the road i'd only been driving for about 5 minutes when it started juddering like it was missfireing i was in 3rd gear so dropped it down to 2nd thinking it was a little cold and struggling a little as i was going up a hill but this made it worse so i pulled over straight away put it into neutrel and it just cut out :thumbs:. I called the garage up and they came to pick it up and have had it for the past week. There is plenty of deisel getting through the crank senser has been changed and now making sure all the timming is set up propperly all to no avail i've totaly ran out of ideas hopfully someone out there can help please............ craig
few possibilities here

maf ..un plug it and see how it is

crank sensor ......was it bosch and was old o ring removed ..by the way they can still fail/faulty when new

ask your garage what are codes ???????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, i didnt think you could plug into the computer without the car running so carnt the codes (am i wrong) Thanks for all the ideas i dont thing the garage has had alot to do with alfas but have used him loads in the passed thats why i took it there

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi, i didnt think you could plug into the computer without the car running so carnt the codes (am i wrong) Thanks for all the ideas i dont thing the garage has had alot to do with alfas but have used him loads in the passed thats why i took it there
because its an alfa :rolleyes: he should have equipment to read fault codes ...if he hasnt WTF is he playing around with it for
as long as engine can be turned on ie mar ..you can read codes off ecu

ps where you based ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that dave ive told him he has to wed then im takin it back. Im based in scunthorpe n. lincs mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
147 jtd cutting out

mine does it every so often I found out the throttle control which cuts off air to the engine when you switch off sticks so bonnet up and a couple pulls on it clears it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts