Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, needing help from the pros.
I've bought a 147 1.6 TS 120HP from May 2001. It has 84000KM.
Belt and sparks changed by previous owner at 67000KM.
Was getting this error 'Motor Control System Failure' and the light stays on.
Gone to my mechanic he told me after connecting OBD, That was Oxygen/Lambda Sensor. This car has 3 sensors. It was one of the front. Bought new ones, the 2, and changed Alfa clean the errors.
Done ECU reset and throttle. Gone for a drive it sounds like a new car.
Today got the same error 'Motor Control System Failure'. Plug into a Bosh Hella Gutmann machine.
Getting the same lambda errors but they are new!

ERRORS P0150, P0136, P0130, P0141, P1177, P1178, and others not that serious P0571, B1029, B1016, B1022.

Don't if it helps or if it's from the car itself, when driving in city temperature goes to 90º and stay there, when i'm in freeway the temperature drops.

Can somebody help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Problem resolved, new spark plugs. Thanks.
Which plugs did it have in it before?
LongLife Platinum or the cheap short life alternative?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spark Plugs

Which plugs did it have in it before?
LongLife Platinum or the cheap short life alternative?
The Car had a paper on the owners manual saying Spark Plug Changed, found that strange and forgive me if i'm wrong, the original plugs are NGK Platinum and last 100000, so i think that they (mechanics of previous owner) kept the NGK for themselfs and then put old, and i mean old, 4 Bosch sparks and for 4 Champion.

The original NGK i know that from UK are 90€ but here in Portugal it's almost 200€ if you gonna buy them from a part shop, if you go to Alfa Romeo they ask you for more than 300€.

The new Sparks that i put in are 4 Bosch 0 242 040 502 and 4 Denso K20TT, cost me from AutoDoc almost 60€.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Motor Control System Failure 147 Lusso TS

Hi, to avoid starting a new thread I thought this thread was relevant.

Looking for any advice, my Alfa occasionally displays Motor Control System Failure, the car is running fine which makes me wonder that it's just being temperamental, as it's an 03 plate, so rather old indeed.

Is this something that I should address & if so how should I proceed?

Also, would this have anything to do with my key fob no longer working? One day pressed button on fob to lock doors (central locking) and just didn't work. I now lock all doors the old fashioned way using the key and inserting into lock, turning whereby all doors locked. I've changed to battery (key fob) as thought it was that but to no avail.

With only the one key it's annoying but I can live with it, although any advice on this also would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance should anyone be in the know and able to offer some advice.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This new car we bought runs fine, best sounding engine , better than my car but it has the Motor Control Failure warning on?
Have not looked at the sensors or plugs yet.
Very low klms, 136,000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts