Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in need of some new discs, i was thinking of splashing out abit a buying some grooved and drilled discs, has anyone had any experience with these? What difference do they make? What's the biggest size you can fit?

Thanks, Alistair.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
Size, there isn't a choice of size if you are replacing your current discs.
If you have vented discs (which all normal 147 except early 105bhp 1.6 have), they are 284mmx22mm.

Drilled and grooved won't make much difference.
Remember you will also need new pads. Fitting old pads onto new discs isn't recommended.

S

·
0 Posts
Size, there isn't a choice of size if you are replacing your current discs.
If you have vented discs (which all normal 147 except early 105bhp 1.6 have), they are 284mmx22mm.
But I have a 105bhp 1.6 and have vented discs ;)

S

·
0 Posts
My car is in need of some new discs, i was thinking of splashing out abit a buying some grooved and drilled discs, has anyone had any experience with these? What difference do they make? What's the biggest size you can fit?

Thanks, Alistair.
I wouldn't really bother upgrading your discs mate. Instead spend the money on Ferado DS2500 pads, Super Blue Racing brake fluid and braided brake hoses. Thats what ive done and its a far better improvment :cool:

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
But I have a 105bhp 1.6 and have vented discs ;)
That is why I said "early" 105bhp 1.6.
Later ones got the same calipers and 284mm vented discs as the others.

S

·
0 Posts
That is why I said "early" 105bhp 1.6.
Later ones got the same calipers and 284mm vented discs as the others.
Yep noticed the earlier bit :)

I knew they got the same as others but was not to sure when exactly :eek:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I would only buy non drilled discs from EBAY. I personally wouldnt trust drilled discs from any other than one of the big brands, red dot, brembo etc.. Just my two pennies worth!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, i agree with you, i think it would be better off going for the bigger brand names and having peace of mind.

Thanks, Alistair.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've just ordered some Tarox G88 discs and fast road pads. Will report back ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts