Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals. . . i need some idea's on fettling the interior of my 146, its a wee bit drab and dull at the moment but i can't decide what to do with it. . .

I just recovered the horrid grey plastic parcel shelf in black fabric, lots better, but the rest is a dilemma! i have plenty of fabrics and vinyls i could use, lots of paint colours too.
But what do you guys think?

Cheers,
Darran.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I dont like mods in interior, specially with paint and vinyls. For me as far as I would go, would be inserting a more luxurious trim from another 146. Maybe leather or armrest, etc. Anything else is a bit boy-racerish. IMO. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What if there is no more luxurious trim from another 146? They're one of Alfa's cheaper-looking cars inside, from what I've seen.
I once saw a photo of a 146 where the strip of plastic running across the dash at middle height (above the glovebox?) was covered in something, matching leather or maybe even a fake wood, I can't remember. It looked believably factory, and importantly it was something to reduce the amount of light grey plastic on view. My issues with the 145/146 interior are too much cheap-looking light grey plastic, and the square outline of something (airbag?) visible in the centre of the steering wheel. But that's just me.:)
So I'd allow you to do anything tasteful to replace or hide cheap-looking bits, even including stuff like the right aftermarket gear knob.

Post up a photo of your 146's interior so we can see what we're talking about.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont like mods in interior, specially with paint and vinyls. For me as far as I would go, would be inserting a more luxurious trim from another 146. Maybe leather or armrest, etc. Anything else is a bit boy-racerish. IMO. Good luck!
A centre armrest would be a godsend but i don't think they ever fitted one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts