Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys!​
I had an issue with my camshafts and hydraulic lifter. They were rusty as hell and i replaced the whole head gasket for a newer one(+oil+filter change, new spark plugs too. )
Then it won't start... It just cranks. I checked the petrol pipe and nothing came through, only some tear of gas but nothing more. (just once, then again nothing.)
First of all, i checked all the relays and fuses, especially the gas pump relays. (They worked, 12V on all.)
2. Checked fuse holder (socket.)
3. I tried to push the Fuel shut off switch, nothing happened.
4. I picked out the gas pump no problem with it.
5. I checked the cables which was connected to the pump, they had zero electricity in them. --> (and fuel gauge shows 0 l fuel at all. i poured 20 litres of gas into it...)
So somewhere my electricity losts and cannot go to the pump.

+ I heard some whirring/clicking noise in the behind the dashboard.
Maybe should i put back the angle belt, so maybe computer blocks from starting the engine? (which controls the generator)
Any ideas?
Last question: What's my "brown" key called red master key for ? (left key.)
Or should i take it to a car electrician? Thanks for any answer! (Sorry for bad english, i don't know any words about car stuff.)
(1999 1.6 TS AR67601.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
did you disconnect the ECU cables, the ones on top of the throttle body, when you changed the head gasket? sometimes the pins on those connectors get bent when plugging into the socket again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.