Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My boot lock swivel badge has lost it's colouring as the laquer's worn off. Any ideas where I can get a new one from? Breakers yards with Alfa 146's in are sadly lacking in the Bristol area.

Also, my Ti skirting below the doors is coming off. Is there an easy way to fix it back on?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
780 Posts
RB, I presume that your Ti is a facelift model. I have a similar problem with my pre-facelift model which does not have the "Ti" logo on the skirts. The skirts have been completely taken off and refitted several times and I know of no quick or easy way to do it. This seems to be a common problem and they may come away again after proper refitment.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your skirts should be clipped/screwed in if I remember correctly but the fixings break easily.
I've been using leftover windscreen bonder to stick all kinds of things together, e.g. speaker grills, plastic bumpers, etc.
It is immensely strong and can fill gaps well.
It is lasting longer than I thought too. I assumed the canister would sieze up after a week of opening.
It comes with a primer so it can stick to things that don't take well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WINDSCREEN-GL...hZ011QQcategoryZ30923QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Not to be confused with No More Nails which appears to have no use whatsoever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Alfa78PP/Bodger,

Yes, it's the facelift model ('99) with the Ti logo on the skirts. It's just coming off at the front - the rest of it's fine.

Great idea on the windscreen bonder - i'll give it a go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts