Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On friday I had my car at the dyno. I was real stressed that nothing would go wrong and break. especially my FPR conversion I did myself from the back to the fuel rail.

At first we could get no signal from the Gotech what so all. The first thing that went through my mind was that the Gotech has died a horrible death. But luckilly and very fortunately it was only a fuse by the relay that blew. anyway, new fuse went in and all was ok.

Overall everything went well and she is mapped now with a real great map. She pulls believably strong!! If not stronger than when Hennie had her!!:p :)

Chris the uncle that did the dyno and map has about 40 years experience with motors. He started of bikes, cars, rotaries, V8's, Turbo and suercharging. He also now works on aeroplane motors.

His Son Ian use to work with him at the workship but has now recently ventured on his own concentrating now more on avionics and aeroplane motors. Ian is also now the sales and technical representative of Spitronics management systems here in the Southern Cape.

I have heard only good things about Spitronics not sure what the rest think?

Chris has been doing Gotech systems since they came on the market.

The 146 never moaned or groaned once while she was getting tuned. Not once did she ping. Chris was REALLY imressed with the smoothness and willingness of the dropped compression Twin spark motors. He also has a soft spot for Alfa Romeo and loves them!

Boost was left at a constant 0.5 bar boost pressure.
The dyno that Chris has at Supatune is called a loading dyno.
I can say with real honestly that he KNOWS how to tune a gotech.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So what readings did you get on the wheels?
Sounds like a real sleeper, waiting to whip the unsuspecting Subaru or RS.... :mad:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Numbers???
The car looks good on the rollers

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Belive it or not I forgot to take my sheet printout:eek:

the load on the dyno is allot more than normal dyno's
Power worked out to 141KW at the wheels.
There is another dyo in George, DR Quincy, and I will take it there for a reading as well some time soon.
also in Mosselbay there is a dyno. Think it is R-TEK or something like that. But I am a bit wary of them as I have heard some negative remarks about them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
To give you an idea.

my 3.0 110 kw on the wheels
2.5 156 ninety something on the wheels....

memory serves correct the strongest 3.2 was something like 135 wkw....

141 is wicked strong....

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
All your work was worthwhile since she now makes a lot of power without any hesitation.:thumbs:
Now move that unit to a safe place and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
WC,that is a good figure for such low boost....how is your power spread, linear or very peaky?

Just a quick one, is there any heat transfer into the cabin from the turbo because for a 2 lt motor the TS is quite a big block so room in there is very limited.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Was still a lot slower than that nice gtv face-lift at the last track day ...
With a superior car you just enjoy yourself and laugh at the persons in mediocre cars trying to make a statement.:D
Hennie we all know your car is the best.:lol:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
WC,that is a good figure for such low boost....how is your spread, linear or very peaky?

Just a quick one, is there any heat transfer into the cabin from the turbo because for a 2 lt motor the TS is quite a big block so room in there is very limited.
Shouldn’t be a problem.
We never had a problem with it not even with the v6 turbo’s.

Ok my Blue GTV turbo gets a bit hot inside but then we removed all the isolation so even with a oe TS it will get hot inside the cabin.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts