Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first forray into alfa ownership, I picked up a 96 alfa 145 cloverleaf tonight - twinspark alloy engine cover model.

Anyway, I bought in haste because the car had 1 years mot and tax and I need a car ASAP. . On the drive home she appeared to keep dropping one cylinder - I'm not technical, the best way to describe it is she felt like a badly carbed 2 stroke engine. she wouldn't pull and was back firing then would come on line and go for a bit then drop a cylinder again.

So any ideas whats up?

I hopeing its something simple like MAF or HT lead...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
First thing to do is to look down the spark plug holes to see if any oil or water has collected because that will cause a misfire. Then check the state of all the plugs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate - I'll do that... buy the way, your just showing off with the picture of your car... god it looks good... and a bloody lancia in the garage to boot... i hate you...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think i found out what the issue is - the whole exhasut feel off yesturday... how didnt I hear that before it happened... well to be honest, i just thought the yuong chap i bought it off had put on a very noisey exhaust - but became suspicious whenever the noise steadily increased untill wamm... the whole thing broke off above lamba sensor... so anybody got a second had exhasut for sale?

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
No probs :)

Hope you get it sorted out fairly cheaply:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts