Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I was wondering if its possible to swap the front struts from an early 145boxer and insert them into the 33? The reasoning being that the 33s turning circle is so --- as a result of the strut being in the way. The145s stops above the drive shaft so possibly easier manoeuvring?
I realize the radius arms would have to change etc but do ya think its do able? The icon is waiting for my arse kicking!

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
I dont think the struts have anything to do with restraining the turning cylcle of the 33 mate. Any larger cylce and the tyres will touch the inner wings towards the engine bay.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Unless you have a very late 33 Imola with the 3 bolt top mount fixings then the answer is no you can't. The 145 struts are basically the same as a Fiat Tipo and would need lots of mods to make them fit a normal 33.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Yes I do have a late late chassis

And I am capable of most things ,however I shall investigate the tyre contact thing mentioned earlier,So what are the chances??

P

·
0 Posts
Dont bother, I stripped a 145 recently for the engine and box. Nothing is the same, apart from the seat belt buckles and the PCD on the wheels.

I think the poor turning circle is down to the boxer configuration? As in cylinders are flat and wide so less room for steering gubbins (just thinking out loud):)

Mines a boggo '91 s3, Imola was a well specced 1.4 injected engine with a different exhaust if memory serves. Saw loads in ho0lland back in the day but never one here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts