Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all great site....i have 2 problems with my wifes alfa that have been annoying me for some months...bite the bullet ...i cant fix them...turning to you guys for assistance...problem 1...blowers only work on cold....no hot air...engine temp is perfect variable speed fan working...just no heat !!...prob 2....wipers only work on superfast speed...no intermittant or normal speed continuous....HELP!!!!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
You need a new wiper motor for the second one.

The first problem though is simply that the cable that moves the flap in the heater box will have become detached from the clip on the flap, or the clip has snapped, it' quite common for this to happen, but it's a PITA job to sort, not hard just awkward.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
As Smaky mentions, and make sure the water flow valve is not restricted in its operation, if the flap remedy doesn't cure the fault?:):

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers the cable indeed was snapped so valve is now permantly open !!! who needs cold air in scotland anyway...thats what windows are for....found the intermittant relay for wipers pulled it apart and it was fried !!....got whole new motor and mechanism relay stalk for 40 quid from a local breaker....sorted.....LAST PROBLEM...the rer wiper motor is just clicking when energised...does that suffer from the extensive grease issue that goes hand in hand with the front motor ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you mean clicking as in not moving and clicking, then it will be the wiper shaft into the motor, I had to remove the motor strip it so you can see the shaft and then clamp in some vise grips and spray with WD40 and start waggling, once it is free pack with oil and grease, and then reasemble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much...had a look at the gearing mechanism seems ok...but will strip off that motor and do as you said not had a rear wiper working for 2 years been blanked off...hope it works...and thanks again !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Andy

I had the same issue with the rear wiper. As far as I can see the main issue is that it has an o-ring on the shaft that either hardens and become ineffective or it breaks. This lets water in & the shaft starts corroding & seizes. I couldn't free mine up so had to resort to ebay where I got a replacement fo 99p! Much easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got it stripped on the dining room table !! and it has been sitting in a bath of duck oil for a few hours...back into the garage grab the shaft with vice and i can turn the gear casing back and forth ...but....it still is quite stiff not sure if that wee motor will be able to do the job should it be really easy to turn ? dont think oil is getting down the plastic shaft cover

1 - 8 of 8 Posts