Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a alfa 145 1.8 twinspark and need some advice.
i do a lot of motorway driving its started losing power!
it does not cut out just loses power when i put my foot down, sometimes it picks back up or if i drop the clutch an let the revs idle for a bit it will be ok for a while. i think it could be the lambda sensor but not sure. can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, just to clear this up, my brother has posted this using my account as his doesn't have a pc - the cheeky scamp!

If anyone could help him i'd be most grateful :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'd go with the MAF first, has he fitted an oiled aftermarket air filter like a K&N? If these are over-oiled they can kill the MAF off.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
MAF or AFM is the Air Flow Meter. It's the electronic thingy (that's a technical term ;)) between the air box and the actual air intake.

Try unplugging that and see if the performance changes. If it does, then that's the culprit.

I think they can be bought on ebay for a reasonable price, but do a few searches on here because I recall someone mentioning that they're not as good. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.