Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my beloved 145 went kaput on me 2 days ago and ive not been very happy as you can imagine, anyone selling a 145 junior or have a ts engine for sale? many thanks ppl.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
God damn it, I was in Priorswood last week and all.

Right what exactly happened with the car to warrant this geezer saying you need a new engine?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o no way! well as it happens my brother was driving it! but he said it cut out so he pulled over and waited for the aa, when aa guy brought it home he told me he couldn't get it started and was probably head gasket failure. so i took it to garage and he did the compression test etc. it now starts but only runs on 3 cylinders. sounds like a diesel! also oil light stays on unless u rev it over 2000.??????

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Sounds like the belt sliped and you've holed a piston, or it's just gone and hrown a rod, either way it's dead, don't run it though, if the oil lights on it's finished, If I was there I'd take the lump of you for bits but there wont be much usable of the main stuff. Sorry to hear, but it looks like it is new lump time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no i mean i'll b buying a cloverleaf =] so either sell my junior or may use it for track car unless someone makes me a good offer!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
None, the ti is a TS, just that when the top spec 146 2 litre model came out they called it ti instead of Cloverleaf.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
some can look sweet but hatch is the way forward unless u got something RWD :p going to rebuild my engine i think and possibly sell it or turn into track car!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts