Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 145 failed on it's MOT last Friday....
Mainly on the headlights and the fact that the adjustors are broken on both sides.

Does anyone know where i can get replacement headlights from cheap??!!!

Thanks,

Didz

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
No really cheap replacement headlights - cheapest I found was Alfashop. You may find second-hand but be careful what you buy - they may have the same fault as you're suffering from, as it's a very common problem.

What's actually broken? Are the reflectors rattling about because the ball end on the adjuster has broken off, or does nothing happen when you turn the adjuster screw because the screw has seized into the housing & the gear's loose on the screw? If it's the latter, there's an easy cure which I can describe for you, if it's the former, it can be fixed if you've got a lot of time & patience:

The alignment mechanism inside the headlights is made out of plastic and usually brakes with age and also because of the high

·
Registered
629 Posts
This problem has given me major headaches and I ended up opening the headlight and doing a McGyver on it.

1. Had to scrape off the silicone and remove the glass.

2. Dismantle the electric adjuster motor's arm from the reflector.

3. Find the problem with the adjusters (which usually is old and rotten shattering plastics).

4. In my case I got a wooden block to replace the white threaded adjuster block. I drilled it and used the adjuster screw to thread it (very unorthodox).

5. Used some metal wires to fix the wooden block to the headlight reflector.

I'm sorry if this sounds unclear, but if you open it up it will make sense. Wish I had photos to show. I'll be willing to give you further help if you wanna get dirty with it.

PS. Headlight must be removed from car prior to the above :cool:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
try and fix them yourself.you just need some time and patience.i did it and i had no problem since.and you don't have to spend any money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts