Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now got a 145 (in adition to Sud and 75).

There is a problem with the adjustment of the left headlight hight. When turning the plastic gear wheel to adjust, nothing really happens. Also the same when using the remote hight-adjustment from the cabin.

I once read somewhere, that there was a general problem with a plastic part, and that some body has made a little production of a spare part, so that you could repair it. But I can't find the information now.

Does anybody here know of the problem and solution? Do I have to buy a new complete headlight unit?

Best Alfa-greatings

Peter D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
See this post for related links to the available "fix" options. The only alternative to those two options are new/replacement light units which still have intact adjusters.

·
Registered
37,774 Posts
I have managed to glue one in the past, but it is a bit hit or miss whether you get the alignment correct.

You also have to leave the adjutment motor disconnected when you put the light back in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help. Especially "GialloEvo94".

It was exactly that post that I have seen before (myself wondering why I looked at that even before thinking about buying an Alfa 145).

I will try to contact Santi Martinez, who made the parts.

Happy New Year

Peter D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If you find out he's still making them then please let me know as I might need a set for my headlights too shortly.

Another chap had some made in brass but I think they were just a one-off set (see this thread).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I´m ready to continue with adjusters. Price is 40 + 6€ shipping but It´s possible less than 40. I ´ve spoken with teflon store and is possible they have for me a grinding pieces and then my working time is less.

I think is lfinally price 40 € with shipping, if there are 6 or more guys interested...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to have a complete set (for both headlights) for 40 + 6 Euro.

You can email me on r[email protected], and you can tell the payment details and delivery time.

It is not very much a hury, so I can wait a little to see, if there are other orders.

Best

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts