Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'm currently looking for a Alfa 145 2.0 Quadrofoglio (only got the 2.0Q in SA).
Looking to buy cash.
Watch all the usual car sales places but also check out gumtree, seen some real good ones. Plus paying cash is always the stronger option.

I will keep a look out for you. Any particular color?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch all the usual car sales places but also check out gumtree, seen some real good ones. Plus paying cash is always the stronger option.

I will keep a look out for you. Any particular color?
Guess beggers can't be choosers but I really like Zoe Yellow!
I like black and red aswell and prefer a facelift model.
Service history is quite important on these car, as you can get quite a nasty repair bill if it wasn't maintained correctly.
I had a Fantasia Blue one a few years ago and loved it to bits, but always wanted Zoe Yellow.

This 155 Sport is for sale at quite a reasonable price

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
What are the contact details for the 155 am very interested
Repeat after me......" I do not need another Alfa..... my wife will kill me if I buy another Alfa ......... My Garage is too full to buy another Alfa"

or, just go ahead and buy it, its a nice looking 155.:p

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Frost... If you really knew what was good for you......

You would buy that 155 :thumbs: It looks like it has the Speedline rims on as well.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
846 Posts
DNA,i hear what you're saying about not being a racist but with the comment you it's a bit difficult to not think that.by no means do i wanna start an argument but i do think your statement could and it might also give the alfa romeo forum a bad rep.

in essence i'm saying i think it might be a good idea to edit your post.this is my personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DNA,i hear what you're saying about ... ... by no means do i wanna start an argument but i do think your statement could and it might also give the alfa romeo forum a bad rep.

in essence i'm saying i think it might be a good idea to edit your post.this is my personal opinion.
Done!

·
5,467 Posts
Thanks for keeping this clean guys, I do not want to start moderating this forum......

@ DNA, Yes, the yellow Giardinetta is mine (Chris in the Pretoria club also has one, maybe two by now).

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for keeping this clean guys, I do not want to start moderating this forum......

@ DNA, Yes, the yellow Giardinetta is mine (Chris in the Pretoria club also has one, maybe two by now).

Yes I remember Chris' one.
But his car is more used as a workhorse whereas yours is a weekend toy.
Remember this little Giarinatta?
So wish we still had it!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lol frost- go for it if its a good buy.im paying off
my 147 and my wife's Yaris.if it were
up to me i would have had 145 and Gt junior by now
but i think one should rather surprise the wife than ask for
opinion or in some our cases PERMISION!!!
moral of the Alfa story- if u want anotherAlfa dont consult the wife

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
DNA,i hear what you're saying about not being a racist but with the comment you it's a bit difficult to not think that.by no means do i wanna start an argument but i do think your statement could and it might also give the alfa romeo forum a bad rep.

I'm curious about what pre-empted this reply. I missed the unedited version. If somebody could PM it to me, I would appreciate it. Apologies for the long reply, but this bothers me.

If it was what I thought it was, allow me to state the following - socio-economic circumstances dictate possibilities and actions, not colour. in the SA context our history of economic and social segregation made colour a very good proxy for many things, one of those things being ability to maintain assets or capital equipment because of differentials in vulnerability to shocks (meaning the poorer and for the most part darker you are, the more likely it is that economic shocks such as death or family crop failure would affect you more profoundly).
The correlation between colour and maintaining cars is however spurious - a more accurate correlation is between education levels, socio-economic circumstances and maintaining assets.
I prefer honesty (no moderation), so I know whose business I and others I can encourage will not be supporting.

·
5,467 Posts
DNA. are you Marcel ? or Marcel's kid ? :)

·
5,467 Posts
I'm curious about what pre-empted this reply. I missed the unedited version. If somebody could PM it to me, I would appreciate it. Apologies for the long reply, but this bothers me.

If it was what I thought it was, allow me to state the following - socio-economic circumstances dictate possibilities and actions, not colour. in the SA context our history of economic and social segregation made colour a very good proxy for many things, one of those things being ability to maintain assets or capital equipment because of differentials in vulnerability to shocks (meaning the poorer and for the most part darker you are, the more likely it is that economic shocks such as death or family crop failure would affect you more profoundly).
The correlation between colour and maintaining cars is however spurious - a more accurate correlation is between education levels, socio-economic circumstances and maintaining assets.
I prefer honesty (no moderation), so I know whose business I and others I can encourage will not be supporting.

E 4 R and others......

This is by no means a "preach" , but ......

Remember that this is a public forum, and what offends some people on here may mean nothing to others.
I am all for Political debate, but when it comes to more personal matters like racism etc. we will not tolerate it on the forum.

Like I said, I do not want to start policing the lounge, please keep it clean, and abide by the forum rules.

That said, carry on with the madness and have a good day :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts