Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To cut a long story very short(ish), I was wondering how well the Cloverleaf 145 has fared over the years. As a long time ago I worked at an Alfa main dealer when we had the 145 launch...

The launch car (the same car we were putting in the showroom for the model launch night)
went on its PDi road test and snapped its cam belt after 500 yards (and 4 hours before the launch)

We couldn't open the bonnet on the night, and most of the engine wasn't there... :eek:
(full replacement engine fitted under warranty by Alfa UK)

Anyway...

I loved those cars, and wondered how many have survived to this day??

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
There's a website that tells you how many are still registered with the DVLA ... how many taxed and how many on SORN.. but my 1.8 is alive and well. :thumbs:

I see more 145/6 than I do MkII Golfs .. which when you consider that they sold 12 of them compared to half a million Golfs, says something about which is brand makes the real quality motors.. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
I have a 1998 which i bought 4 years ago on 82000 miles, I did another 40000 relatively headache free, a radiator some tyres and brake pipes. As soon as i hit 60000 since the last belt change it snapped. I managed to find another 145 with only 46000 miles so took the engine out and put it in my car. This year i did some serious welding and sealing under the car, touch wood I hope I have this car for another 4 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A week ago or so, a black 145 came for the mot check with more than 245000 km. The car was fine and trouble free- emissions ok, brakes, chassis, steering rack, etc... But anyway, I think that has to do with the owner only no matter what the car is

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
Awesome little cars - mine has done over 132k now and still going strong. Great handling fun chassis - mine is a little tatty here and there but is mechanically brilliant. Nice clean tidy ones are hard to find as there aren't many left now. Watch out for rot underneath, that is their main issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
245.000 miles!
However have replaced near to everything! have been through 3 different paint styles and body styles,
engine rebuilt three years ago is closeing in on 60k, engine and gearbox where stripped and re-built, idle act. maf lambda, sparks filters 2x cranks s. in place the list is endless to the work to keep it on the road A1 condition, welded and undersealed!

I am actually testing the water to sell, but i am not in need of the sale and so have it up for 2350£s this is not alot when the works done amounts to over 11k. and you can tell.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
245.000 miles!
However have replaced near to everything! have been through 3 different paint styles and body styles,
engine rebuilt three years ago is closeing in on 60k, engine and gearbox where stripped and re-built, idle act. maf lambda, sparks filters 2x cranks s. in place the list is endless to the work to keep it on the road A1 condition, welded and undersealed!

I am actually testing the water to sell, but i am not in need of the sale and so have it up for 2350£s this is not alot when the works done amounts to over 11k. and you can tell.
You must have a big snake on your heart to spend 11k on a 145.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think its what you call a true enthusiast? LOL, dont understand a snake to my heart?

It does make me a bit annoyed the amount of people who promot and promote on these sites there love of this car and then need to spend a few hundred and they dont.

As i said i have been through 3 different bodywork designs and custom paint jobs.

a full engine rebuild gearbox etc etc etc etc it goes on and have driven it all the way through europe several times, so It looks amazing and has always served me well so having owned it since 2006. its been amazing!

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
I think its what you call a true enthusiast? LOL, dont understand a snake to my heart?

It does make me a bit annoyed the amount of people who promot and promote on these sites there love of this car and then need to spend a few hundred and they dont.

As i said i have been through 3 different bodywork designs and custom paint jobs.

a full engine rebuild gearbox etc etc etc etc it goes on and have driven it all the way through europe several times, so It looks amazing and has always served me well so having owned it since 2006. its been amazing!
Well done, my quote wasnt a dig, you answered it yourself, you must have alfa blood running through your veins.

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
37,768 Posts
One 145 QV died whilst in my possesion.

I had it a week and the big ends started knocking. As the car was a bit scruffy anyway it ended up going to someone who was going to break it.

I blame the previous owner for neglecting it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
my 2000 cloey has cost me lots and lots and i dont care as it looks sweet in silver, black leather, spax lowered ,stainless exhaust system,clear indicators,green induction kit and pulled 130 the other day and had more to give but im going easy on her as shes on 93000..must get some pics up for you..oh i sound like im in love..im not honest:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts