Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Paul you seem to be the goto guy for info on these cars. Please confirm, all Guilietta 1400s are Multi-Air? The Mito had different engines. Other guys are welcome to chirp in.

My kid is interested in a low kilometer 2013 model. I saw a post about changes in the warrantee/motorplan in these vehicles? Sorry for asking again, but instead of getting it wrong with my ancient google-fu, it is better to get it out of the horses mouth. He is told it is under warrantee for another 2 years and this is a deal breaker for him.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
88kw giulietta is tjet if im not mistaken

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Paul you seem to be the goto guy for info on these cars. Please confirm, all Guilietta 1400s are Multi-Air? The Mito had different engines. Other guys are welcome to chirp in.

My kid is interested in a low kilometer 2013 model. I saw a post about changes in the warrantee/motorplan in these vehicles? Sorry for asking again, but instead of getting it wrong with my ancient google-fu, it is better to get it out of the horses mouth. He is told it is under warrantee for another 2 years and this is a deal breaker for him.

Thank you
Not sure about the G engine variants, but unless I'm mistaken, all Alfa's registered after 01 Jan 2013 will have the 3yr service and warranty plan? Least that's what Chatz told me and was confirmed for my car by Alfa SA...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
1.4 came in progression with 88kw.
its not a multiair engine...
but that can be seen on the engine cover, it says multiair.
you can send me the vin ill have a look.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
mitos were T-jet and MA. Dependin on the model. Mito QV was Ma and hte rest were Tjet. As far as i know the G never came in tjet but the engine cover will confirm

Call the dealers as 2013 was when they had the 5 year adn then changed it to 3 year.the 5 year was warranty an the 3 year was maint.. maint is obviously bettr. if its out of this by 2 or 3 months i can assist in gettign it extended

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will tell Marinus to be on the lookout.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
New generation only wants boost haha lets just be happy hes still keeping it in the alfa stable and not the obvious choice ala GTI

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I spoke to Chantel @ AC and she told me that they no longer bring in the 88kw 1.4. Its all MA now. But the second hard market is flooded with the 88kw version.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Judging from the current second hand price on these Giulietta Progression. It should be a good value buy. Obviously, it cannot be compare to the 173kW QV or 125kW MA. But 88kW is not too shabby. It should be decent enough for a student. Unsure about the age of Corrie's son.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sheesh! Then I'd give him a Chev Spark or some such nonsense and be done with it! :furious: Or a bicycle. Or some walking shoes.
As a student, I gave him probably the neatest Uno Turbo in SA, ex Johann Swartz's 50000 km car. I fitted Alfa brakes and Koni shocks. When I saw this is not going to work out, I decided to swop him for the 145. Before I got home from the ship, a drunk munto drove into his back at a robot and wrote it off. So he got the 145 anyway. After college he gave it back to me but only the engine is useful. He was a DJ for his spending money and maybe that account for all the brandewyn vlekke.

Now he is in the software faternity doing well and he had a 1600 Clio for the last 2 years. But he is stiil under the illusion the warrantee has value. Lets hope he doesn't go to Volvo.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Corrie, i've lost your no. so i sent all the info to Hennie via whattsapp & asked him to forward to you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
From my knowledge the 1.4 Progression is a non multi air 88kw the distinctive 1.4 is multi air with 125kw , I have never driven the 88kw version so cant compare.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
From my knowledge the 1.4 Progression is a non multi air 88kw the distinctive 1.4 is multi air with 125kw , I have never driven the 88kw version so cant compare.
Heres some specs on it...its not so bad...

What body style?
hatchback with 4/5 seats
How long?
4351 mm
How heavy?
1355 kg
What size engine?
1.4 litre, 1368 cm3
How many cylinders?
4, Straight
How much power?
120 PS / 118 bhp / 88 kW @ 5000 rpm
How much torque?
206 Nm / 152 ft.lb / 21 kgm @ 1750 rpm
How quick?
0-100 km/h: 9.4 s
How fast?
195 km/h, 121 mph
How economical?
8.4/5.3/6.4 l/100km urban/extra-urban/combined EU5
What carbon dioxide emissions?
149.0 CO2 g/km

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aircon issues- Alfa 1.4 Distinctive

Hi guys

Can anybody tell me who I can speak to regarding my air-con. I have an 2012 Alfa Guilietta 1.4 distinctive. I have around 74000 kms on the clock at the moment.

My question is relating to the air-con system. currently when I use it the one side blows very warm, even though both indicators are displaying LO. The driver side blows cold, but the other side blows very hot, almost as if the heater is on. This is always happening, it's not intermittent.

Does anybody have history on this?

Thanks
Wayne
Cape Town.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts