Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 147 had it's 140 000km service at Alfia Auto yesterday. It took 2 days because they had to get a new water sensor for the diesel filter that had been damaged and glued back together during a previous service:furious:

Clayton and Giovanni were very helpful and kept me updated as to the progress. For substantially less than I have previously paid for services they did the following:
- Oil (LiquiMoly) and all filters (air, diesel, oil AND 2x cabin)
- Aircon treatment
- replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes (I requested this)
- diagnostic and reset the service counter etc
- checked antifreeze and gearbox oil (still good from clutch replacement and cambelt service)
- replaced the broken diesel filter water sensor
- Refilled the washer bottle with LiquiMoly windscreen solution

I also noticed that they greased the bonnet catch which wasn't even mentioned. All in all I'm extremely happy with their service and the car feels noticeably improved after the service.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The 147 had it's 140 000km service at Alfia Auto yesterday. It took 2 days because they had to get a new water sensor for the diesel filter that had been damaged and glued back together during a previous service:furious:

Clayton and Giovanni were very helpful and kept me updated as to the progress. For substantially less than I have previously paid for services they did the following:
- Oil (LiquiMoly) and all filters (air, diesel, oil AND 2x cabin)
- Aircon treatment
- replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes (I requested this)
- diagnostic and reset the service counter etc
- checked antifreeze and gearbox oil (still good from clutch replacement and cambelt service)
- replaced the broken diesel filter water sensor
- Refilled the washer bottle with LiquiMoly windscreen solution

I also noticed that they greased the bonnet catch which wasn't even mentioned. All in all I'm extremely happy with their service and the car feels noticeably improved after the service.
Yeah great bunch of guys there. They look after my GTA for me...which happens to be there at the moment because my diff went bang. Actually it seems to spend a lot of time there, but I'm happy because they take good care of her.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah great bunch of guys there. They look after my GTA for me...which happens to be there at the moment because my diff went bang. Actually it seems to spend a lot of time there, but I'm happy because they take good care of her.
You know what you need to do with the diff. Q2 or Quaife. :biglaugh: If you are just putting it back together for the time being I have a good diff from my 156 GTA that you are welcome to have/use to tied you over.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

You know what you need to do with the diff. Q2 or Quaife. :biglaugh: If you are just putting it back together for the time being I have a good diff from my 156 GTA that you are welcome to have/use to tied you over.
his car has been back on the road with a Q2 and a full decat for a few weeks already :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just a pity they have moved to a small workshop and they are really too busy - I am going there in the morning to see if I can get them to work on my 159 3.2 that has been standing for a while now

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
they are probably still busy with my Spider there. I also need to do a service for my 159 1750Ti as well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They showed me inside a 3.2JTS motor's rocker cover - Oil turned to grease and was serviced at Alfa with full history. 35000. between oil changes is rediculous

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Okay, Chris, that is not mine:cheeky:
Mine is the blue spider, and my transfer box is leaking oil...
Spent a lot of money this year on the spider already.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay, Chris, that is not mine:cheeky:
Mine is the blue spider, and my transfer box is leaking oil...
Spent a lot of money this year on the spider already.
No, it is my 159 3.2 - Going to see if it starts with new cam chains and then an engine flush - Cam chain kit costing me R5K including shipping - Hope that is the only problemtake a look at the grease on the cam bearing caps - See to the right of the chain

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Chris, I think I saw you on your Red Spider on Grayston on Monday.
Is that 8C red 159 yours?
That sort of grease are scary...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Chris, I think I saw you on your Red Spider on Grayston on Monday.
Is that 8C red 159 yours?
That sort of grease are scary...
I was at Alfia on Monday so quite possible you saw my Spider. The red 159 at Alfia is mine - I paid R20000.00 for my Spider and I got the 159 for R20000.00 so both good deals.

How many Spiders or Brrearas have you seen on the SA roads?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts