Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this might sound like an odd question, but I'm getting a 3 year-old 159 diesel tomorrow and I wanted to know if it has a 12v output so I can run my sat nav? I've never had an Alfa before so I don't have a clue.

TIA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup it's in the centre console under sliding shutter
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I found that when I was checking the car over but didn't know if it was just a lighter or had 12v output as well. I recently borrowed something (I forget what it was) that had a cigarette lighter that didn't charge anything.

My current car (a Citroen C4) has a cigarette lighter and a separate 12v output socket.

So I guess what I'm asking is can I power my TomTom off the cigarette lighter in a 3 year-old 159?

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I found that when I was checking the car over but didn't know if it was just a lighter or had 12v output as well. I recently borrowed something (I forget what it was) that had a cigarette lighter that didn't charge anything.

My current car (a Citroen C4) has a cigarette lighter and a separate 12v output socket.

So I guess what I'm asking is can I power my TomTom off the cigarette lighter in a 3 year-old 159?
Ok Sorry.
Yes you can power your Tom Tom from the cigarette lighter socket it is the only 12v output socket in the car:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
"Yes you can power your Tom Tom from the cigarette lighter socket it is the only 12v output socket in the car"

Unless it's a Sportwagon in which case there is one in the boot too,( which I freely admit is not very handy for a Sat-Nav!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i use a 4 way adaptor that i have under the drivers seat, the plug has the cable coming out of the side of it, so i can plug it in and then push the socket back and still use the cup holder.

·
Registered
972 Posts
"Yes you can power your Tom Tom from the cigarette lighter socket it is the only 12v output socket in the car"

Unless it's a Sportwagon in which case there is one in the boot too,( which I freely admit is not very handy for a Sat-Nav!)
According to Frazer, the one in the boot (SW) is good for charging your mobile because the B&M actually works better with your phone in the boot (no distortion caused by the mic on your phone echoing the mic in the car). I've not tried it myself, but am quite sure he's right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone agree the outlet is in a silly place?! My sat nav/phone sits on the middle of the dashboard and the wire goes straight over the top of the gearbox... be much better actually on the dash around the cd player or something...

Only thing i dont like so far. My first alfa and i love it to bits...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts