Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm insured with 123.ie .
I changed my car with a forty euro charge and inquired about insuring a V6 147 and they would insure me as i was an existing customer , however they told that on renewal they would not .
Might be a loop hole there for someone !
:thumbs:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Errm if you could insure 3.2 V6 then that would be something .. I want a drive off it if you find one ! :lol:

123.ie never need to know :D

They may refuse but they wont, only ask you for 10k or something ridiculous .

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
How old are you brave soul do you mind me asking? A number of insurance companies have told me that they typically wouldn't give a quote on a 3.2L for someone under 30 years old.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Cheers. 400 more than the 1.6 is not that bad actually. But 1,400 for insurance and 1,600 per year on tax would make a grown man cry and that's before the benzina is poured in :cry:

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've the GTA insured with 123 cost around the 600 mark, I'm 29, full licence for 9 year's, 7 year's no claims, happy days.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've the GTA insured with 123 cost around the 600 mark, I'm 29, full licence for 9 year's, 7 year's no claims, happy days.
Nice un :thumbs:
Don't loose that no claims , i'll need to bide my time for the V6 by the look of it , cheer's Paddy . I found 123 to be cheap considering i lost my no claims years back , it only lasts two years ? innit !

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Ya your right NCB only last 2 years alright , the only thing about 123 is that every thing you do costs 50 yoyo's , temp transfers etc etc all 50 yoyo's so if you are transferring from the V6 to a 1.1 Polo the transaction will cost you 50 regardless of premium quote :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
It's €40 all in.

Brave soul you're even older than I am but a LOT younger than Dermo!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aah yip i'm grey @ this stage lol
I act about 17 so that makes up for it , wish i could perform like 17 lol Older & only a little wiser .

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
According to my insurance expert, if you own the car they are obliged to quote you, however like Dermo said you may not like what they say. A company can refuse to quote you so long as they are not breaching equality law.
If you are refused quotes from three insurance companies you can go to the declined asss committee and they will get a quote for you. More here Car insurance - National Consumer Agency

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seriously???? Is that all the difference is for you between a 1.6 and a GTA? The only reason I have the 2.0 is because I couldn't get insured on a 3.2 ... Have you not heard that thing!??? I started driving at 19 with quote of 1000 and now I'm 24 and it's 720.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm insured with 123.ie .
I changed my car with a forty euro charge and inquired about insuring a V6 147 and they would insure me as i was an existing customer , however they told that on renewal they would not .
Might be a loop hole there for someone !
:thumbs:
P.s my last thread got removed but I've posted a new one with the pics of my white alfa dude ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts