Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Giulietta is in the country and should be ready for collection soon. I'm guessing it will be right at the end of the 61 registrations which is a little annoying as I'd be missing out on the 12 plates. Sad thing to worry about I know...:)

Is it the case that there are no 12 plates on the road until March 1st? or are there ways (apart from waiting an extra month) that 12 plates can be organised.....

·
Registered
34,356 Posts
I tried this a while back when buying a new Audi near to changeover of plates but the dealer told me that they cannot hold cars as they are invoiced by the manufacturer when it arrives,therefore they want your money. Perhaps you could pay and not take deliery for a month!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mine's due last week of Feb
Have expressly asked to hold over for march 1st.
Just thinking about resale time.
It may be silly but a march 12 may be more desirable than a feb 61 plate to some peeps?

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Without a doubt.. :)

The date of sale is not the same as the registration date, so that shouldn't be a problem, unless the dealer is a tool..

61 plate it is then.... :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
From my days of taxing & first-registering cars for a living i remember it used to be possible to tax a car for 12 months plus 1 week using DVLA's AFRL system (Automated First Registration & Licensing).

That might have changed & i dunno if it works on months where the extra week falls into an old registration number (ie one week of 61 and the rest being 12 plate) but it could be worth a whirl. Failing that just ask the dealer about paying & getting them to hold it for a week or two, i can't see why they won't unless space is really tight on their site.

Liam

·
Registered
517 Posts
From my days of taxing & first-registering cars for a living i remember it used to be possible to tax a car for 12 months plus 1 week using DVLA's AFRL system (Automated First Registration & Licensing).

That might have changed & i dunno if it works on months where the extra week falls into an old registration number (ie one week of 61 and the rest being 12 plate) but it could be worth a whirl. Failing that just ask the dealer about paying & getting them to hold it for a week or two, i can't see why they won't unless space is really tight on their site.

Liam
Thanks for that

First of all they need to supply it on time! :eek:
Looking on this forum it may be later than feb anyway.
I'm in no rush as the A3 isn't returned to the leasing company until end of March

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure I'm enjoying it that much :lol: Well, to be fair my dealer has been amazing with the swap over. Basically I'd arranged a rough date to collect but I received a phone call once I'd promised my old car to a private buyer....it was sold leaving me without a car. All was well when I was offered a lovely 140 Jtdm (which I'm using now) as stand in before mine arrives.

I think asking for a 12 plate is a bit much to ask as it looks like my car will be available for pick-up before the end of Jan.....It would be taking liberties asking to borrow a car for over month and certainly not in the interests of the dealer.

A very, very late 61 plate it will be by the looks of things which is a bit of a shame!?:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts