Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I noticed that as well. Quite an upgrade from the JTS GT with a badly repaired rear bumper! But would you like to reverse off that drive. Very scary.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Looks like a good car Wynne, I know what you mean though about the GT. I've started ferrying about more people - 5 adults in a GT doesn't work. The thing about getting an LE though is that it'll be everything you wanted your last 159 to be. Of course the daft thing about this is you'll miss your GT, and I don't think you'll find anything like it again - other than another GT. but it is more about time and place - I loved mine, it was great while I had it but we've all moved on. They won't build another though!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When I say an ipod adapter, it is not the whole cable.
I bought the carlinks cable and it worked through the headunit with steering controls etc, but it didn't charge my 4th gen ipod, so I had to buy and adapter to get the ipod to charge when plugged in.

Its not a lot bigger than a 50p piece, has an input socket and an output. Sits between the ipid and the cable.

Hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Would love to know how the 1.9 in the 159 compared to its installation in the GT. Am toying with exactly the same change myself, but when I let head rule heart the GT really is all the car I need, plus Mrs has her Accord so we don't really need 2 big cars.. However still want a 159 . . . . .

There's a lovely 2.4Ti in red for sale locally to me which I am tempted with - even though it's an auto - but would it be perhaps daft moving from my car having covered 60K to a 2.4 with 78K on the clock. Wanted to buy CJRomeos one but was for sale too soon for me alas . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Stesco. I went from a 2007 Gt with 78K on the clock to a 2009 159 with 91K on the clock! Not regretting it one bit if I am honest.
Loved the GT when the going was good. Just couldn't live with it as an everyday car.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Only feels like yesterday that you came on here loving your new GT. :)

It just shows how subjective cars can be. For me, the GT was too soft on it's standard suspension! :lol:

Good luck with the 159, looks good :cool:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts