Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i start from cold and drive my car it has a reluctance to rev cleanly until i get to around 12 miles ,and then it clears and drives fine again.Any thoughts anyone.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
Is the car getting up to temperature ok? Like is it reaching 85-90ºC in general driving, and not sitting at around 70, then rising up to 90 in traffic?

A

·
0 Posts
It could easily be our old friend the knackered thermostat. The weather has got colder of late so the car could be struggling to get to correct operating temp.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
Thats what I was thinking.

It may be that the lambda sensor is also playing up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys even though it gets to temperture or says it does perhaps its telling me porkys,is there a other temperture sensor which is telling engine to overfuel or underfuel ? when cold.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
The sensor that tells the ECU then engines temperature is located on the thermostat housing. The gauge uses a sensor screwed into the cylinder head. It is possible that that is faulty but they are generally pretty robust.

Another thing that can cause overfuelling if faulty is the MAF. I would be tempted to unplug it and see if the car runs better. If it does chances are it will be faulty.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi These JTS.s are sometime poor from cold more likely you have one or more lambdas at fault and you may require some of the mods to your wiring on these and your rear engine to main wiring loom in the engine bay it,s the ones situated at the rear to the right of the top of the intake, dissconnecting some of the sensors as stated does not allways tell you that that sensor is faulty as the engine ecu just goes into limp home mode and then when you finnally take it to a dealership the poor technicain just see,s numerous faults on the tests carried out (been an Alfa tech i see this time and time again!!!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts