Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
37,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an odd thing, I don't clock watch during the day but quite a few times when I check the time on my PC I always manage to look at 12:34. I can't work out if it is because I am a bit OCD and subconciously 'spot' the ordered numbers in the system tray, or that the ravening beast is reminding me that it is lunchtime. :confused:

Anyone else seem to notice 'odd' times that appear a lot? Anyone always awake a particular times or see odd arrangements of numbers like that?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
To quote Dylan Thomas :

The ships clock in the bar says half past eleven. Half past eleven is opening time. The hands of the clock have stayed still at half past eleven for fifty years. It is always opening time at the Sailors arms.
:thumbs: Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
20:22 I often find that a glance at the DVD recorder is at that time. When I first joined HMC&E I was issued with a numbered wax seal. I didn't choose it, but guess what the number was - 2022. What time was my daughter born? 20:22. When do I hit 70? 2022

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
7:30 comes up quite a lot. That's because it's the time I should be leaving the house - so as I gaze across the pillow at the alarm clock, and see it displayed, I can no longer pretend that I haven't just made myself late because I can't be bothered to get out of bed.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
6.26 am. My alarm is set for 6.30 but this is when I wake up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
6.26 am. My alarm is set for 6.30 but this is when I wake up :rolleyes:
I've had this happen, alarm set at 6:45 and I wake at 6:30. Maybe if I set the alarm for 7:00 I'll wake up when I want need to.

M

·
0 Posts
I tend to associate numbers with experiences, situations, so I suppose I notice certain numbers more. For example, I often notice 147, or 166 etc in the 'people viewing' section on each lounge on the forum. Also, I always notice the time 4.59pm......459 was the race number used by an old family friend on his Super Rod (no comments please) oval circuit racing car (Capri 2.8 followed by a Sierra XR4i).

A

·
0 Posts
I went through a stage of noticing 101 on the bedside alarm clock. Used to wake up to it quite frequently. I'd always look at it, get freaked out and then say the same words to chill me out - "knife and fork" on account of it looking like a dinner setting.

:)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
9.23 for me :rolleyes: ... no idea why! :banghead:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Perhaps you want to go shopping for FOOD all the time? :elaugh:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Better than watching paint dry ;)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
when I bring the morning coffees up Bob (8:08) is usually there as well.

I well remember going to lunch late once as I wanted to see the time and date on the screen saver reading

12:34:56 - 7/8/90

Numbers rule our lives!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts