Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if they are different? There's a wildcat manifold for 116 that I was thinking of getting.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Fairly sure they are different. The 116 manifolds are in 2 pieces with cylinders 1 and 4 coming together to a downpipe behind the engine mount, and cylinders 2 and 3 coming together to a downpipe in front of the engine mount.
As far as I can remember, the 105 series manifold downpipes both sweep behind the engine mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes they are not the same. The oe manifolds on the Nord works fine unless you really starts modding.
In my opinion.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Yes they are not the same. The oe manifolds on the Nord works fine unless you really starts modding.
In my opinion.:rolleyes:
True TN. The only people who I know that fitted branches to Nords were those that cracked theirs somehow. And then even though they wanted to, they didn't feel a difference...

Try port-matching your branches. That would be more worthwhile.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TN, I believe so as well. Will do port matching as an alternative then. Did you do your own, Ian? We have similar mods, except for fuel injection and the cams which differ slightly.

J

·
0 Posts
I agree, do the port matching, or make the exhaust manifold ports slightly larger, it slightly increases bottom end torque where wild cams are used. (Anti-reversion technique.) Remember do do your gaskets as well.
And unless an aftermarket manifold is really (i.e. precise) well made, do not waste your money.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I agree with everything said, personally I prefer the 116 branches to the 105. The 116 lengths give larger volume and lengths are more equal. They are still not long enough for max top end power but gives the engine mid-range torque.

The concept Jacques is talking about, means the diameter of the runner in the branch is 2-3 mm larger than the port. This will give you a 1 - 1.5 mm shoulder around the cyl. head's port.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts