Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used 10K Boost, It's a spray that you spray directly into your air intake?
Is it any good, does it work?

I've just ordered some and will try it out so will keep you posted, wanted to see if anyone else has used it before hand.

Can anybody tell me where the fuel filter is situated, it's that time again when new blood is needed and i want to change this filter as well.

Cheers :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10k boost... tried it... didn't make much difference... i think it mainly makes a difference in a car that's been not run very well and all coked up. IMHO it's just a fancy cleaner/de-coke stuff.

Feal filter is underneath the car and roughly under the rear driver's side seat area.

regards

j

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I`ve tried many of these product in my time (on many cars) but with little noticable effect - except a hole in my wallet. I'm not sure that any of these products work very well, and there is certainly no way to prove them with certainty. Nothing in a spray tin is going to be a substitute for a proper de-coke but that is a big job and you would probably only need it if your car was poorly tuned already, only did short journeys or had done lots and lots of miles (by which time there may be little point).

The only two products that have ever seemed worthy were 5-Star and redex. Don`t know if you can still get 5-star but it boosted the octane of your petrol to 100+ (like avgas!) and allowed for some serious tuning tweaks! Thankfully nowadays we have Shell Optimax - try it, its great. Redex is only good for entertainment value. Take out your plugs from a warm engine, pour in a measure of redex, cover with a cloth. Leave for some hours (this is where it is supposed to 'dissolve' the carbon - yeah, OK). Replace plugs and start car. Cue one HUGE cloud of smoke down the street and the car goes like hot s**t for about 2-3 miles. Hope it doesn`t knacker the Cat :/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I normally do the redex treatment but after I snapped one of the spark plugs last time I was looking for something else. I've done 135K now so might notice some improvement and I do use shell optimax. I can notice the difference on the motorways but it tends to be a bit pricey so swap it around. I just like to know that the bits i cant see are clean and ok.
Anyway I'll give it a go and let you know

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried out the 10K boost treatment and it made no real noticible differences. After it was done it seemed to idle smoother and when playing with the accelerator reved more easily, but i cant help feeling that this stuff cleaned the airflow meter on its way past and that may have made the difference.
Has anyone ever cleaned the airflow meter before, how do you do it?

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't say i'd trust it to work... i changes fuel to 98 RON Super unleaded the other month and didn't really notice much difference in performance, it just improved the ecenomy a little, though sadly not enough to justify it's high price!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts