Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Im looking to buy a used Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS. (2001)
I'm having trouble distinguishing the version of the cars we have for sale here in Portugal.

I believe there was a 105HP and a 120HP. How can I tell the difference before buying?

At the same time I would love to get full specs (2001 catalog or something) on the 147, to know the diferent equipment that we get on the distinctive and progressive versions.

Thanks in advanced,
and sorry if making a stupid question or if someone already asked this - didn't find it though!!! :tut:

M

·
0 Posts
Is the 105 not the single plug engine built for insurance reasons...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Is this not a case of different emissions standards for different years causing there to be two quoted power figures? In practice things like that don't make much difference to the performance. Newer engines (higher Euro emission standards) will have more catalytic converters - I believe newer ones (Euro 3 or 4?) have one on the exhaust manifold that you can see with the bonnet open...

S

·
0 Posts
I have the 105bhp version and there are 1 or 2 ways of finding out.

1. Check the engine codes as what has been said :)
2. If you remove the manifold heatshield you will notice 1 cat, the 120bhp has 2 cats.

I have noticed lots of people say you can tell on the rev limiter because the 120bhp revs to 7000rpm but I have noticed that on a few 147 1.6TS's that I have driven the rev limit is 6,500rpm like on my dads 147 Sport and my 147.

I can take a photo of the manifold and the rev limit on both cars if you would like?

M

·
0 Posts
my appologies as we never got the lower power here but I have seen the none t spark ones as we used the coils for a project 156 racer

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
my appologies as we never got the lower power here but I have seen the none t spark ones as we used the coils for a project 156 racer
ALL 4-cyl Petrol 147 are TwinSpark engines.
The 2.0JTS in the 156/GT/GTV/Spider only has one plug per cylinder, maybe you were thinking of that one.

M

·
0 Posts
No defo not thinking of them it is a bit of an odd ball one we found very early type

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
was it Alfadubilns car?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
am i right in thinking the 105 doesnt have the MAF in the intake pipe like the other t-sparks?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts