Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As seen in a previous post I am attempting to get rid of massive flat spot between 2 and 4000 rpm - have just serviced the carb, found it extremely dirty, with sticking accelerator pumps etc. That's all ready to go back on.

I am trying to remove the inlet manifold to do the carb rubbers but it's stuck. I have removed 7 nuts, am I missing any?. What's the kindest method to separate the inlet from the head?

Thank you

Adam

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
When we did mine it needed a slight tap with a rubber hammer..... It was stuck to the gasket..

also are you replacing the rubbers with the solid alloy versions? I would highly recommend them:thumbup:

Hi,

As seen in a previous post I am attempting to get rid of massive flat spot between 2 and 4000 rpm - have just serviced the carb, found it extremely dirty, with sticking accelerator pumps etc. That's all ready to go back on.

I am trying to remove the inlet manifold to do the carb rubbers but it's stuck. I have removed 7 nuts, am I missing any?. What's the kindest method to separate the inlet from the head?

Thank you

Adam

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for advice, are the alloy ones better because they last longer or is there a performance advantage?

A

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
There's no performance advantage just supposed durability - I've got one of the solid alloy ones but had to replace the O rings because one was leaking, so not so durable - the ones with O rings can be a right pain to fit if the O ring decides it doesnt want to stay in its groove when your bolting the carbs back up, personally speaking I'd keep it simple and replace the originals like for like, but that's just my HO....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts