Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help me with what battery should or is best to put in a 76 spider. I dont even know what size it is meant to be and am having trouble finding that out . Does it matter if a higher amphere one goes in for better starting or will this be difficult to charge up ?

............also ! I dont know what there called but I need one of those things that stop the door from opening too wide.. (Plastic/rubbery doorstop?) tried to get one new but unavailable. So if anyone has one to sell I would be interested.
Thanks NB

·
Registered
378 Posts
NB the doorstop thingy is a door checkstrap (I think) Classicalfa list one at £38 and Alfaholics at £14 - strap only. I guess the Classicalfa one is the full unit at that price.
Si

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have recently fitted a new battery to my Spider, I will check to see what it is, but it should also be the right type for your Spider.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Estucaz... but I should have said Im in Berlin Germ. at the momment and every shop Ive tried hasn't a list going back that far and the guy at the Alfa garrage could only give me a part No. and said `thats expensive would buy one somewhere else if I was You` (but in German!)......So Im still in the dark...Anyone else know ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have checked and the battery on my Spider is a Bosch 6EA. Bosch and Varta are now part of the same group, so you'll be able to cross reference if you want Varta instead of Bosch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts