Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently restoring the above model and the car has been off the road and not driven for 15 months the clutch goes flat to the floor and the brake is hard fixed. Is this a master cylinder thing? Also I am hearing things about ATE brakes etc. How do I know which mine has and if I re-kit and lubricate the master cylinder for both brake and clutch will this fix this problem or does it extend to bleeding and calipers? Thanks for any help :thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, will like to suggest replacing the master cylinder kit if its not too pitted inside resulting in a need of a replacement cylinder for the clutch. As for brakes, my recently restored car had the same problem due to lack of use and the mechanic bled the system again for me and it works fine now. Better have the diapragms replaced for the servos too as they tend to leak and will be probably soaked in brake fluid. Good luck mate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rang Autodelta here in Perth and it was quite reasonable for a reconditioned one complete with new kit so all good. Thanks for help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts