Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Doing the last job on the rear suspension and replacing the t bar bushings, the conical ones seem straight forward but the disc shaped ones are locked in place by the end bushing housing/ mounts.

I can see that to get the end mounts off will mean destroying the end bushings to cut them off which seems a bit drastic. Strange as I bought all the suspension bushings as a kit from CA and they included the disc bushes but not the t bar bushings I'd have to replace.

Now in the dilemma of having it all apart should I go the whole way and replace the t bar bushings. I know the answer really but it's the sideways movement when cornering I'm trying to reduce which I'm not sure will be related to the t bar end bushings, plus I need to have it back on the road for Monday.

I'll have a think while I'm painting the t bar??

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
you mean the poly washers?
If they really do need replacement then just slice off the old ones and cut a slit in the new ones, open them slightly and slide them in.
If you really want to, you can tie a big cable tie around them.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yes I had thought about putting a slit in the new ones, l like the zip tie idea so might give that a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts