Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my searches through the Forum search engine didn't find anything, so hope someone can help.

I am in the market for a Giulia Super - have always coveted one and it's now or never.

I have read that the GT sometimes has mounts for rear seatbelts. Does the Super? Has anyone fitted rear belts to a Super?

(As will probably be the case for others. reason for wanting a Super is in part to carry the family and we will need to fit belts for child car seats).

Thanks all for your help - and apologies if there are previous posts my searches didn't find.

David

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hi,

It's on my ever increasing to do list for my Super. There aren't any factory mounts but they can be secured by welding reinforcing plates to the parcel shelf and inner rear wing. There should be enough give for the centre buckle stalks to sit between the seat and back cushions.

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Simon. I need to get a similar job done in a Mk1 Panda so will practise on that! Shame about the mounts or lack thereof.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next step for me is to find somewhere which can create the mounting points. A Google search found a company called Quick Fit SBS who I have contacted. Has anyone used them, or know others? Thanks, David

·
Registered
247 Posts
Next step for me is to find somewhere which can create the mounting points. A Google search found a company called Quick Fit SBS who I have contacted. Has anyone used them, or know others? Thanks, David
I have used them and they were OK. I have seen other cars where they have done some very neat installations but mine was a fairly basic. I had custom belts made for a Lancia Flavia convertible and they just drilled through the floor and bolted on plates. Are you sure the super doesn't have mounting points? Seems odd the GT would have them and the Super not (they are easily visible under the parcel shelf). I had another company do my rear belts and to be honest while they work well, they don't look very neat. Avoid Securiton belts as they don't work well at all (I tried them front and back).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
105 Giulia Super Rear Seatbelts

Hi Harry, thanks for the reply, that's really helpful. Like you I'm surprised the GT has mounts but the Super doesn't, but that's the inf I've had so far. The safety/security of the mounts is what matters most to me. If you're happy to, would you mind giving me the name of who you used? Cheers, and thanks again, David

I have used them and they were OK. I have seen other cars where they have done some very neat installations but mine was a fairly basic. I had custom belts made for a Lancia Flavia convertible and they just drilled through the floor and bolted on plates. Are you sure the super doesn't have mounting points? Seems odd the GT would have them and the Super not (they are easily visible under the parcel shelf). I had another company do my rear belts and to be honest while they work well, they don't look very neat. Avoid Securiton belts as they don't work well at all (I tried them front and back).

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It must depend on the age as neither my 67 Super or my 67 GT Junior have mounts for rear belts, don't know what year they started putting them in though.

As for the mounts, these are pretty straightforward to fabricate up yourself. There's a pic on this thread what the parcel shelf ones look like

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-...at-seat-belts-were-they-originally-there.html

Just the muddy the waters, I've fitted Securion belts to a couple of cars without issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It must depend on the age as neither my 67 Super or my 67 GT Junior have mounts for rear belts, don't know what year they started putting them in though.

As for the mounts, these are pretty straightforward to fabricate up yourself. There's a pic on this thread what the parcel shelf ones look like

Back seat seat belts-were they originally there? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Just the muddy the waters, I've fitted Securion belts to a couple of cars without issue.
Thanks for the link Simon, much appreciated. At the moment it seems pot luck as to whether the mounts will be there with a GTV and unlikely with a Super (odd!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts