Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good suggestions on where to mount a facet electric fuel pump on a 105 coupe. Advice from Alfaholics is vertical, below the tank level and just in front of the tank but unless I'm missing something I cant see anywhere obvious. Any advice and ideally a photo would be very much appreciated.
Regards

Tippo

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I fit mine in the engine bay. Despite others saying that this isn't the best place, on three Alfa's now I've always placed them on the offside inner wing. Never had any issues with any of them, and they're out of the way of dirt and wet. I fit a Malpassi Filter King / pressure regulator between the pump and carbs, regulating the pressure to 3.5 psi.
Others will say that the reciprocating Facet is a better pusher than a puller pump, but over 10 years now and 15000 miles I've not had a problem with this positioning, and if anything does go wrong, then it's easy to get to to sort out.
Some will say that Alfa put it at the back, lower than the tank for a reason, and "Alfa knew what they were doing". Which means that Butzi Porsche didn't know what he was doing when placing the early 2ltr 911 pumps in the engine bay, at least a foot higher than the tank ???
Yes I've had a couple of very early 911's too, and never had any problems with those pumps, in that (factory) position either.
Currently on my Ti Super Replica (almost finished), I have a Mitsuba reciprocating pump, (the very best quality), from about 1974 in the same o/s front inner wing position, again feeding a Filter King before going to the carbs.
I also have two good friends, one with a Triumph Spitfire, one with a TR6, both with Facet Silver Top pumps in the engine bay, mounted on the bulkhead. They've been in situ almost ten years, with no problems.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts